□ Chapter 38

□ □ □

□ □ □

The silence was suffocating

But more was his gaze which spoke thousands of words that she couldn't pick and point to. She held pride in herself when she easily read the room, and the people and was always a step ahead when she stood with them. She always bragged about knowing and judging them easily and quickly but with him, she seemed to be confused and drained.

He was hard to read, not because he didn't let out what he was thinking but because looking at him, her senses seemed to backtrack.

"Vandita" Ayaan's unsure whisper made her snap out of the glaring match she played with him.

She blinked hard, not knowing what to do anymore as she turned to her friend. A silent request was made by her and he nodded in understanding.

"Where do you think you are taking her? You wanted to talk, so let's talk." Indraneel stopped her from holding onto her elbow, his eyes glaring at Ayaan. "You are not going anywhere with him."

"You cannot stop her." Ayaan yanked his hold away. "Let her go, Yuvraj Indraneel."

He pulled her out of the studio, holding her against him and guiding her to a seat while he ignored any daggers thrown at his back.

"It is fine." He kneeled infront of her, offering a water bottle as she nursed her parched throat. "You will be fine."

"What was that?" Malvika peered at her, arms crossed as if she meant business "Do you know him from before?"

"Mal..." Ayaan was stopped.

"I don't want to ask questions, alright, but..." 

She nodded for her to continue. "I am fine."

"You don't have to answer, okay? It can wait. Everything can." He reassured eyeing Malvika who scowled at being ignored, squeezing her palm. "Just calm down."

"What about the shoot? First, you decided to jump in and now you are running away." She was clearly agitated, Malvika's perfect plan for the day was already down the drain the moment the lights crashed. "Do you realize what sought of professionalism we have portrayed for them?"