□ Chapter 55

□ □ □

□ □ □

It was simple.

Too simple, actually.

She had to state the words and all eyes turned towards her at once. Guns loaded and their direction was switched towards her old captors. Light flickered and another joined ending the darkness that surrounded her, they brightened the place yet could never touch the abys rumbling in her heart.

She was betrayed in the most heinous way.

She had considered this woman a friend, a mentor in her life for all these years and that is how she was paid back.

A fucking deceit.

And deceit leads to destruction.

Like a death hovering over their souls, the light blinded all and a scrap of chair made her sit straight as the power shift was almost noticeable.

"Ajeeb dastan hai ye,
Kaha shuru kaha khatam
Yeh manjile hai kaun si naa
Woh samajh sake naa ham
"

Vandita started singing the lines in her throaty voice. It was parched to an extent and made it difficult for her to continue yet she did. She watched the two pair of eyes watching her, laced in confusion. Her hands were freed and she nodded at the man with gratitude.

"The fuck you are doing." Barun's yell was hushed in seconds. She didn't have to turn towards him to do it.

Her power did.

She stretched a little and stood up.

The ache in her body was nothing compared to her heart.

Her fingers moved along the edges of the wooden table that she was pushed against, drumming the tune to accompany the lyrics she hummed. She picked the papers, eyes gliding through the words as the deed for the transfer made her chuckle.

She turned and leaned her hips against the table. Watching the men who pointed their weapons at her now stood holding the other two captives. One pushed to his knees and the other watching her, her face losing the confidence Vandita had admired at days when she failed to motivate herself to be better.