□⁠ Chapter 17

⁠□⁠  □⁠  ⁠□⁠ 

 ⁠□⁠  □⁠  ⁠□⁠ 

She yawned for a millionth time, hiding it behind her palm from the praying eyes

She yawned for a millionth time, hiding it behind her palm from the praying eyes. Her eyes were already swollen, sleep deprived which she had tried hiding with bold eye makeup. Letting her black shade cover them to hide her little secret.

The loud voices from Sophie and her bridesmaids made it impossible for her to calm her burning headache, it was hammering her. Painfully hard.

The wedding was in four days and they were here for the final cake tasting. Sophie had called her in the early hours of her sleep, telling her to be ready and kicking at 11 am in the morning. Initially, it was breakfast, but thanks to her manipulation skills, she had delayed her presence.

She had hardly put a morsel in her mouth from last night, adding up to her headache. She let her forehead rest against the cold glass, letting the cold seep into her skin and calm the burning.

"The cake is here, mi' ladies." The French pastry chef placed the two trays full of pastries, and small slices of cakes for all the bridesmaids to taste.

She framed the scene, by pressing the button and clicking a picture. She was focusing on candid's while Greta, a middle-aged woman with fiery red hair was to take the formal shots.

She had met the woman some two hours back, trying to gel in and not seem like a block in her work.

She had an all too deep Australian accent which was hard for her to understand, so she stuck to sign language, nods, and smiles.

She was to co-operate and co-ordinate.

And, she will stick to this part to make her friend's wedding a success, smooth and mess-free.

The girls started digging into the sweet delicacy, moaning, grinning, scrunching their noses, and whatnot.

"Here, V. Please join us." Jenny, the maid of honor passed her one plate of each flavor.

"Thank you."

They had decided on a vanilla rose flavor combo, something Vandita didn't try to understand a lot about. It tasted like heaven and she loved anything sugary.