□ Chapter 43

□ □ □

□ □ □

The sky turned reddish-black

The sky turned reddish-black. The clouds absorbing the smoke turned into the shade which should bring goosebumps to the skin but to those who loved rain, it was a blessing to enjoy the cold breeze. The darkness of clouds engulfed the sky in a big bear hug, taking all the stars and moon away like unprecedented worries. It was the serenity that one feels being home, the calmness of heart devoid of being stuck in a storm but drenching in the pool of happiness without care.

The air embraced every human, leaving them with a soft smile and drowsy eyes leading to a dreamless sleep.

Just like he wished to embrace and get lost in a dreamless night with her and her alone.

She sat with a clenched jaw, fisted palms, and glaring eyes that could make anyone run for their lives yet he sat near her, driving them to the streets. The fellow cars cast a reddish glow on her face which resembled the sky.

Ready to burst into its hold-up rage and rains.

"Stop staring at me and focus on the road." She shot with a glare "I don't want to die."

"I won't let you die." He smirked in amusement as she rolled her eyes. "But your jaw would surely crack. Poor thing looks stressed."

"If you don't shut up, I will kill you myself." She grumbled facing him, punching into the radio and bringing it to life. As the soft Bollywood song started, she groaned and shut it off the next second.

"You already have." He said as the silence prevailed.

She looked up frowning as she failed to connect the reference. "Do you have a habit of saying things out of the blue?"

He shook his head slowly "I only say what I mean."

"No, you don't." She snapped.

"Why? Do you know me that well?" He asked, cocking a brow in naked amusement.

"I don't want to know you." She defended, arms crossed.

"It's too late now, Noor." He concluded, shooting her a smirk and making her glare in response. "Only you are the one I want to be known to."