□ Chapter 56

□ □ □

□ □ □

He saw himself getting ruined

Bit by bit, the space he had constructed as his world was crumbling and he was left to stand helplessly. It was all coming crashing down and he stood in the middle, unable to move yet the dust that mingled in the air touched him and the realization dawned on what he was losing. His heart was plucked out and placed in his palm and he couldn't decipher the surroundings as his eyes stared out of the window, the black sky with his moon mocking him.

Every second blared in his mind. The night was turning old yet he couldn't feel the seconds moving as he watched his everything crumbling around. Every moment was playing back like a broken tape recorder, stuck and unmoving.

Her words, her eyes, the hand that held the gun, and the click of the trigger followed by the deafening noise. The bullet pierced the air and settled deep into the flesh leading to his face being kissed with the blood that made him step back. His mind recoiled and shield itself yet his heart jumped as he saw the gun drop from her hands.

"Noor..." He couldn't say more. His lips shuddered as the mere word shattered his being into a million pieces.

She had recoiled back, holding his gaze.

Another shot and her gaze wavered, shutting down and opening as a blink with her lips dipping in a painful smile that broke his reverie. The little hope he was left alive with, was snatched away and shattered into a million pieces.

The third one acted like the last nail in the coffin.

The winds did not blow but screamed in his head as the cold seeped through his clothes and his knees gave up.

Her amber eyes met his, again and his mind juggled between reality and nightmare, he wondered if his brain played illusions but her whisper snapped him back.

"Good...bye, Neel."

"No, no, no..." He ran towards her failing body. He tried holding her limp figure and dropped to the ground cradling her face. He watched her lips parting yet no sound made out, her once dirty clothes were now soaking into the blood from the holes dug by the three bullets pierced in her flesh. His breath stuck seeing her wounded face that was once hidden due to lack of light, her bruised wrists, and dried blood trailing down the side of her head.