Chapter 59: Panik Strikes again

(A/N: right yugi fans I planned this chapter so that some focus was done on the reader and Mai and I brought back an old foe just to make things interesting. Hope you like the surprise chapter, without further ado, lets get on with it.)

(Back on the Island where Duellist Kingdom was set)

Panik is seen crawling through the grass and collapses just as a medical helicopter spots him and flies down, the doctor on board goes over to him and feels for a pulse and finds one. (A/N: I don't know if Panik was burnt to a crisp but for the sake of argument Panik escapes with very light burns.)

Doctor: This man is alive get him on the stretcher and lets get this man's injuries seen to.

The medical staff get Panik on a stretcher and onto the helicopter to be taken to hospital.

(Time skip)

Panik is brought into hospital where he wakes up with his injuries wrapped.

Panik: Nurse where am I?

Nurse: You are in a Kaiba Corp hospital, where we have treated you for minor burns but you should be released in a few hours. (A/N: I will make him heal quickly otherwise the chapter can't continue also this is going to be quite long but bare with me coz it will soon make sense and we will get to the duel.)

Panik looks around and sees his uniform along with is deck but realises that his deck isn't strong enough to take on the y/n or his friends however he knew that he would have to build a deck that would play to his strengths and that would be the remanence of his old zombie deck. Which like him looked like it could do with healing.

(A few hours later)

Panik had been discharged and he was looking to rebuild his deck and realised that it was too badly damaged to rebuild, so he hacked into kaiba Corp and scanned through the decks that were in the system till he came across one particular deck, so he copied the deck and then he used the money that he had saved to create the deck card for card till both main and extra deck were complete.

Once the deck was finished he knew that he then needed to find his target and as fortune would have it a flyer hit him in the face, which showed the tournament and where it was being held so he set off to get to the tournament while buying a hooded cloak for him to wear.

(Back at the tournament)

Announcer: it is time for the next duel can everyone gather to see who will duel next.

????: not so fast I challenge Mai Valentine to a duel and if I win she gives up duelling for good.

Mai: And what if I win?

????: Then I will leave and you will never see me again.

Mai: That's pretty hard since I haven't seen your face stranger.

????: (Chuckles) Oh you know me better than you think.

The hooded figure pulls his hood down to reveal Panik.

Mai: Panik? But I thought you were burnt to a crisp after your duel with Yugi?

Panik: Surprised to see me? Well no thanks to your boyfriend and his friends, I managed to survive though I got away with light burns, my old deck was not so fortunate so I had to build a new one instead, which I will now use to take revenge for my old one. So what will it be Mai, will you face me a second time or will you run scared like I had you do the last time we duelled.

Y/N: Mai doesn't need to prove anything, with the deck that she has now she could beat you the only reason you beat Mai last time, was because you had your scare tactics and flamethrowers but this time your in broad daylight and you no longer have your flamethrowers to scare anyone.