Chapter 45: Battle City Continues Part 1

(A/N: Hello my lovely readers, sorry it took me this long to get another chapter written and published but I have been busy, but I am hoping that everyone is safe and well and that I hope you enjoy this chapter, I am sure that you have all read my story and realised that there are an uneven number of finalists well, this chapter will clear that up, so without further ado lets get on with the chapter.)

As the blimp carried on towards the site of the battle city finals everyone was in their room except y/n and kaiba.

Y/N: Kaiba, I have come to realise that there are an uneven number of people in the battle city finals so if everything goes according to plan there will be someone who wont get a duel.

Kaiba: I thought that you might bring this up and I have a solution to it, well I say I actually mean we.

Y/N: We?

????: we.

Y/N: ????! What's going on?

????: Well what I was thinking is that as I never got to duel in my cyber world that I was thinking that whoever doesn't get paired up with someone will face me instead. (A/N: This is a big hint as to who the mystery duelist is by the way, so if you get it then comment below.)

Y/N: I think that's a brilliant idea, though if it is me, I hope you wont go easy on me.

????: I wouldn't dream of it my friend. (Smiles)

Y/N: Well how about we keep this between us till the finals I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised.

????: I agree.

Kaiba: I have radioed ahead and the modifications have been made so that there are 8 podiums so everyone will be duelling fair like everyone else.

Y/N: Sounds good to me, it means ???? gets a fair shot like everyone else.

As you leave the bridge to go to your room an island is seen in the distance.

(A/N: Sorry readers the duels are going to start but this chapter is going to be a long one so it fits at least the first duel in.)

as you enter the room you see Mai laying on the bed looking through her deck and concentrating on it. You walk in and you sit down next to her.

Y/N: Are you ok Mai?

Mai: seeing you in pain was the worst thing imaginable, but there was nothing I could do about it.

Y/N: I understand but with new monsters come new strength and with ultra chaos max because his power is double it means I need to get used to the power so that it doesn't effect me any more.

Mai: Please I cant see you get hurt because of that power.

Y/N: this is a power that I have unlocked, you remember that the seal on my powers was broken when I saved you from the shadow realm?

Mai: yes I remember and I also remember that I almost lost you when you saved me, but you promised me that you would do anything that was life threatening. How do you know using ultra chaos max isn't putting strain on your body.

Y/N: My dragon is protecting me. Chaos max protects me, when I got my powers to begin with it is like chaos max shares his energy with me, that's why he appears when I lose my temper like I did with Marik but that power is growing which is why ultra chaos max and his ritual card appeared in my deck.

You start to feel the descent of the aircraft.

Mai: Y/N remember you promised you would be careful.

Y/N: I will Mai, your my reason for being careful because I still have something I want to ask you.

Mai: What is you want to ask me?