Chapter 34: Reader vs Lee

(A/N: hope you enjoy this chapter as much as you did the last, please remember that I don't own any of the pictures that I use in this book, they are either the property of Konami or the creators of the pictures on pintrest which is where I got some of my pictures, right without any further ado lets get to it.)

After the duel between Arlan and Duke everyone is resting in their rooms and with the help of Ishizu, you moved Odion to a safer location, you were resting with Mai cuddled up to you fast asleep. She stirs and screams as she wakes up holding her head.

Y/N: Mai are you ok?

Mai: No I don't think I am, the memory of being trapped still haunts me and I don't know what to think, I hate this coz now I have nightmares.

Y/N: Would you mind if I had a look, coz I may be able to help.

Mai: Wouldn't that be dangerous for us both?

Y/N: No I don't think it will, all I am going to do is align my energy with yours and see what prays on your mind.

Mai: I won't let you unless you promise me that it isn't dangerous for you.

Y/N: I promise it isn't dangerous for either of us and I will be just as safe as you will be. Now close your eyes coz I can't do this if your not relaxed.

Mai: and just how do you plan on relaxing me after I have woken up from a nightmare?

Instead of answering you grab and passionately kiss her and as you do you feel her relax.

Mai: O-ok I didn't think that would work but it did.

Y/N: Now close your eyes.

Mai closes her eyes and you do the same and as you do your body starts glowing blue. And you look into Mai's mind.

(Mai's Mind)

Mai: No please help me!!

Y/N: right I can see what the problem is now I can set about fixing it.

You float down to where Mai is trapped in an hour glass and you touch the hour glass and it shatters releasing Mai from it.

Mai: I-I can finally breathe. (She takes in some deep breathes.

The scene shifts to a place of piece, but you do not stay in Mai's mind because what she will dream about now is up to her instead of a place of fear.

(Outside of Mai's Mind)

Your body stops glowing as you open your eyes satisfied.

Mai: Huh why don't I feel fear any more?

Y/N: because I took what you were afraid of and shattered it. Then I replaced it with a place of piece but I let you choose the setting.

Mai: Thank you y/n.

Y/N: Your welcome.

Roland: (Will all duellists please come to the main hall as the next two finalists to duel are about to be chosen.)

Y/N: Right I think its time to go and see who will be duelling next.

Mai: Yeah lets go.

You and Mai head to the main hall.

Roland: Now that everyone is here, I will now start the randomiser to see who is next to duel and who their opponent will be.

Roland starts the machine and as the last few balls go round, one of them is chosen.

Roland: And the first finalist is number 10 y/n l/n.

The machine then selects another ball.

Roland and his opponent will be number 12 Lee Shadow.