Chapter 2 Meeting Yugi's Friends

The next day you wake up to your alarm goes off and you get up and get ready for the day, you get into the shower and get clean and then you go about your morning routine and then get ready for school and you grab your bag and then you wait for Yugi so you can walk to school together.

While you wait you hear the shop bell go and you hear voices in the shop.

????: I wonder if Yugi is ready yet because we are here to walk to school together.

????: Yuge is probably just getting ready lets just wait for im.

You poke your head round and you see a young lady with brown hair with a pink school uniform and a guy with blonde hair and a green jacket on over his uniform.

You recognise the two people as Joey Wheeler and Tea Gardner.

(A/N: you watched a lot of yugioh on youtube so for future reference you recognise all the characters)

You come out from your hiding place.

Y/n: hello can I help you?

Joey: did grandpa hire someone to mind the shop for him?

Grandpa Motou: no I did not and I would ask you kindly not to be rude to our guest Joseph

Joey: ah Mr Motou please don't do dat you scared the heck outta me

Grandpa Motou: sorry Joseph but seriously this is y/n l/n he is staying with us for the moment as our guest, though you're very welcome to stay here till you graduate y/n.

Y/n: thank you Mr Motou, I gratefully accept.

Tea: your very polite y/n, its refreshing as usually its only Yugi that is as polite as you.

Yugi comes down the stairs.

Yugi: Joey, Tea sorry I forgot we were walking to school together, I see you have met y/n, I was taking a walk one evening and found him sleeping on a bench wearing our school uniform so I thought I would give him a place to stay, as he would have gotten sick sleeping there so he is now staying in our guest bedroom.

Grandpa Motou: well I have asked y/n if he would like to stay here just till he graduates and he has agreed so its not really a guest bedroom anymore.

Yugi: that's great y/n what we will do is sort it out so that you have plenty of clothes and a chest of drawers and a desk so you can sort out homework and also so you can modify that deck of yours as we have yet to have that duel you promised.

Y/n: yeah I did and we will Yugi but we have to get going otherwise we will be late for school.

Yugi and his friends nod so we head off to school.

(A/n: this is set before duellist kingdom and it's before Joey's training with grandpa Motou)

While sitting at your desk you notice Seto kaiba sitting next to you, and as your class ends you see kaiba walk past Yugi and his friends and you notice him stop as you hear the words rare card from Yugi and then move on.

You go over to Yugi and his friends.

Y/n: Yugi what rare card were you talking about?

Yugi: Grandpa has this super rare card that he keeps and only brings it out on special occasions.

Y/n: would he show it to us then?

Yugi: yeah lets go ask him

We all head back to the shop and as we go in we see Mr Motou at the desk.

Yugi: Grandpa can you show my friends your super rare card?

Grandpa Motou: I don't normally bring it out but for you guys here it is my most prized possession.

Mr Motou brings out a wooden box and as he opens it, it shows the blue eyes white dragon inside it.

Kaiba bursts through the door and comes up to the counter and sees the blue eyes.

Kaiba: how can a blue eye's white dragon be in a dump like this, sir I would like to trade all the cards is this case for that card.

Grandpa Motou: sorry son but its not for trade.

Kaiba: how much do you want for it, name your price, I can give you any amount for it.

Grandpa Motou: I don't doubt that you could, but this card means more to me than anything you could offer not because its so rare but because of what it means to me. So selling it is completely out of the question.

Yugi: you'd feel the same way even if it were just a common card, right grandpa?

Grandpa Motou: that's right Yugi

Kaiba storms out muttering to himself angrily. Slamming the door behind him.

Joey: Mr Motou I would like to ask a favour, I would like you to train me because I stink at duelling and also I would like to trade for better cards as well.

Grandpa Motou: I wouldn't normally take on apprentices but as for trading you can have any card here that would help improve your deck.

(A/N: im gonna give Joey the Red Eye's black dragon build so he already has two red eye's black dragons and he acquires the third later from Rex Raptor coz I feel sorry for poor Joey)

So Joey sits down with Grandpa Motou and rebuilds his deck and learns how to use it under Grandpa Motou's tutelage even with Joey falling asleep sometimes and you look on and smile.

(A/N: sorry for the long wait i have been busy with work and with personal stuff, the next chapters will be up soon. Till next time yugi fans)