Chapter 25

Caty POV

I watched as Zak opened the bag and looked at everything in it. I could see with every piece of clothing that he pulled out that he was becoming more and more confused. I looked over at Tara and smirked as Zak pulled out the last onesie. Tara really had gotten some cute clothes.

"Babe these are adorable, but I'm so lost here," he said as he pulled out the card. I squirmed in my seat. Here we go, I thought to myself. I saw him read the card and smile. After a moment, his face changed. He grabbed the photo from Aaron, who was straight up shocked and looked at it. On it was typed Baby A and Baby B so I knew he would get it immediately.

"We're having twins?" he cried. I lost it in that moment. My eyes had filled up with tears and now they were streaming freely down my cheeks. He stared at the picture for a moment longer and then looked up his eyes swimming. He threw everything in his hands on the bed and jumped up to scoop me in his arms. I winced slightly, but smiled. He held me for a moment before remembering that I was still in pain. "Oh shit, princess, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you are you ok?" I patted his hand and smiled.

"I'm fine," I said, smiling at him, tears streaming down my face. He gave me an amazed smile and sat down again. He picked up the picture again and just stared in awe.

"Little sis, this is amazing," Aaron said, hugging me carefully. I hugged him back; I couldn't quit smiling even through my shock. I looked over at Zak again and he was still looking down at the picture, awestruck.

"And according to the doctor they are most likely identical because there is only one sac," I said. Zak laughed.

"Well we are certainly in for an interesting life aren't we?" Zak asked, taking my hand. 

"Now you have to focus on healing and figuring out names for the babies," Tara said, looking expectantly at me.

"Well the doctor said I should be able to go leave the hospital tomorrow but she doesn't want me doing a whole overly strenuous for a couple weeks. She said that we could fly home in a week. She would prefer me to wait two weeks before going home but that we could go home in a week," I explained to them.

"Well then, we will fly home in a couple weeks," Zak said. I looked at him surprised.

"Baby we can't be away for two weeks, you have the museum to take care of," I replied.

"Princess, Hunter and Casey can handle things with the staff and the running of the museum for a couple of weeks. I will call them and explain everything. Besides, we can drive to Pittsburgh and get a hotel there and go around and see the sights in Pittsburgh so that you can relax and not stress over anything," Zak replied, taking my hand again. "Everything is going to be fine, I promise."

"What about the investigation?" I asked. Immediately Zak and Aaron's faces changed. "What? What am I missing?"

"Princess you aren't doing that investigation," Zak replied.

"Yeah Caty, there is no way any of us are going to let you anywhere near that building again," Aaron said. 

"What?" I asked. I looked between them but neither of them seemed to be backing down. "You're kidding right? I have to be there. Something there attacked me and I want to know why!"

"Caty, it's not safe for you or the babies to be there," Zak said seriously. I scoffed. 

"So what, you're going to bench me?" I asked, angrily.

"Caty Cat think about it," Aaron said. "Do you remember what happened right before you were thrown against that wall?" I thought back to what happened.

"I was doing a spirit box session with Billy," I said.