Chapter 35

Caty POV

As I sat with Jay watching Zak and the others reenter the building, all I could feel was nausea. It was a bad time for the twins to be acting up because I couldn't afford to be puking my guts up the whole time Zak was confronting this entity. I held a hand to my mouth, hoping that my stomach would cooperate.

"Caty, you ok?" Jay asked, looking sideways at me in concern. I only nodded, but he stood up, walked over to the cooler we had at nerve, and pulled something out of it. A few seconds later I looked up at him as he handed me a can of green tea. I smiled gratefully and popped it open, taking a deep sip. 

"Thanks, Jay," I said, sighing in relief. He looked over at me smirking as I took another deep sip.

"Feeling better?" he asked, sounding amused. I turned to look at him, my eyebrow raised.

"You try having never-ending nausea because your hormones are going absolutely bat shit crazy trying to create new life," I said. He snorted in response.

"Yeah no I think I'll pass," he said sounding disturbed. I laughed at the look on his face before turning serious. "Do you think they will get anything?"

"I honestly don't know," he sighed. We were all frustrated but no one more than Zak. I was just ready for this all to be over. Suddenly, Jay sat up straighter. "Here we go." I sat up in my chair watching the screen. Zak and the others were entering the room where I was attacked. Jay turned up the volume on the screen and made it full screen so that we could really pay attention. I saw Zak's eye flit to the camera and I smiled slightly. I knew he was worried but I just wanted answers.

"Ok everybody, we are in this parlor-type room and this was where Caty was attacked when she and Billy were setting up for the investigation. As you could all probably tell, I'm absolutely beside myself with anger at whatever this thing is but I'm going to try to keep my emotions in check so that I can get answers," he was explaining while looking at Aaron.

"Zak," Tara said quietly. "This thing does not like you at all."

"What's it saying?" Zak asked, trying to be calm. Tara closed her eyes, trembling slightly. Aaron walked over to try to console her but she shrugged him off turning away from him. He looked over at Billy who held up a hand as if to say, "Give her a minute." He walked back toward Zak never taking his eyes off of her.

"It wants to know why we are here and why we think we are entitled to anything from it," she stated, her eyes closed tight.

"I want to know why you hurt my girlfriend," Zak said loudly to the room. It was quiet for a moment before Tara spoke again. 

"It's a male presence and he says that he attacked her because he wanted to," she explained. "She was vulnerable and miserable and he wanted to use that energy." I looked back over at Zak who was standing against the wall, his fists balled up and he was breathing hard.

"You're a bastard, you know that?" Zak called. All of a sudden there was a deep, growling laugh that Jay and I both heard at nerve through the cameras. Everyone in the room reacted to this as well; Aaron and Billy both started shouting, Zak's head whipped around and Tara sunk down to the floor, her hands over her ears. No one seemed to have noticed Tara on the floor, visibly shaking. After a moment she spoke out loud again, but it wasn't her voice.

"You...are...pathetic," she said slowly and I knew that she was channeling this thing, whatever it was. I stood slowly as the others began noticing what was happening and started to turn to look at her. I immediately looked at Aaron, horror plastered across his face. "She...is...mine. I will have the innocents."

"She's not yours," Zak said, walking over to Tara and squatting down next to her. "She's mine and you will never have her or those babies." Tara looked up at him, an evil look in her eyes, and just laughed before her eyes rolled back in her head and she passed out into Zak's arms. I let out a small scream and jumped to my feet heading for the house. Before I could make it though, Jay grabbed me around the waist and was holding me tight against him.