Chapter 26

Caty POV

I was bummed. I knew Zak and Aaron were only trying to protect me and the babies but this wasn't fair. To completely block me out of the investigation was low. I knew Zak would be crushed if anything happened to us but he needed to trust me a little bit. I was aware of how to protect myself. Tara was just as irritating right now.

"Caty, you need to understand where we are coming from," she was saying as I sat there glowering at her.

"I get what you are saying," I replied. "Trust me, I get it. But you guys have to understand where I'm coming from too. I want to be there at least to make sure that the thing that attacked me doesn't go for Zak too. He isn't going to stop until he gets answers and I need to be there to make sure nothing happens to him. I wouldn't be able to concentrate or stay relaxed without being there with him. I would be way too worried. I need to be there." Tara watched me for a moment before nodding. 

"Let's see what Zak says when he comes back," she replied, taking my hand. "I understand your thought process though. I would be the same if it was Aaron. Trust me I totally understand." I only nodded and we sat in silence for a few minutes. I grabbed my phone, scrolling through my social media. There had been an article posted about my accident even though there were no details as to what really happened, there were already tons of tweets and posts wishing me well. I smiled. Having such amazing fans was one of the things I loved about being a part of the Ghost Adventures crew. I was just reading through the comments on one of Aaron's tweets about me being in the hospital when he and Zak walked back in, both looking stressed. I frowned; this didn't look good.

"Alright," Zak sighed, running his hand through his hair, before coming over to sit by me. "I spoke with Bishop Long. He said that as long as we have you blessed and you do not enter the building for any reason, you should be fine to sit at nerve center with Jay. But I'm making this clear now; I'm not happy about this. I would be more comfortable with you being at the hotel with Tara, but I understand why you want to do this." I beamed at him and reached out to take his hand.

"I promise I will stay at nerve center with Jay and not enter the building for any reason," I promised. He looked up at me and smiled slightly, but it didn't reach his eyes. "Hey, I'm going to be ok, I promise. I will not do anything that will risk myself or the babies. I know how much we mean to you and I wouldn't do that to you."

"I know," he replied. "I'm just not comfortable with it. I worry that you being anywhere near it, will cause problems. I couldn't live with myself if I let something happen to you again."

"Hey, nothing is going to happen to me," I replied. "I am going to be smart and make sure that nothing happens."

"I just need you and our babies to be safe," he replied, putting his hand over my stomach. I covered his hand with mine and smiled at him.

"I promise you that I will be careful," I said. "I promise." He nodded and leaned forward to pull me in his arms. He hugged me carefully before pulling back to look at me.

"Tara are you hungry babe?" Aaron asked, looking over at her. She nodded and stood up. 

"I think Caty needs some quiet time anyway," she replied, winking at me. Zak grinned at me and I blushed hard. She chuckled and took Aaron's hand and they turned to walk out the door, pulling the curtain closed as they did. Zak turned to look at me, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh no mister, don't get any funny ideas," I said, shaking a finger at him. "We are not doing that in this hospital."

"Oh we won't go very far," he said, waggling his fingers at me. I smacked his arm and he laughed. "Nah, you're probably right. I'll save that until we get back to the hotel tomorrow."