Chapter 30

Caty POV

Waking up the next morning, I groaned slightly. My stomach was rolling again. Being pregnant sure was a lot worse than I originally thought. Zak was passed out beside me, his mouth slightly open and his arm around my waist. A light snore emanated from his mouth and I gently slid out of his arms. Once I was free, he turned slightly before swiping my pillow into his arms and snuggling it, a small smile creeping up on his face. I stifled a laugh at his face and grabbed my phone to get a quick picture of him. I smiled at the picture but before I could do anything, my stomach lurched. I held my mouth and ran for the bathroom.

I barely made it to the bathroom before I threw myself in front of the toilet, emptying everything that was in my stomach.I hoped and prayed that I wouldn't wake Zak up, but those hopes were destroyed when I felt hands on my back and pulling my hair back. I groaned and tried to push him away.

"Go away, I don't want you to see this," I groaned, my head hanging over the toilet bowl. I heard him chuckle slightly.

"I'm not going anywhere," he replied softly, the hand that wasn't in my hair, rubbing along my back. "It's partially my fault anyway so this is the least I can do." I opened my mouth to speak but instead, ducked my head as another wave came over me. Zak was supportive, holding my hair, rubbing my back and whispering encouraging words to me. When I finally felt that I could, I lifted my head and looked at Zak. He smiled at me and pulled me into his arms.

"I seriously need to go get my prescription for that nausea medicine the doctor gave me," I groaned. "Puking isn't fun normally not to mention when your ribs hurt." Zak just hugged me close and ran his hand over my hair. 

"It's alright sweetheart, I've got you," he said. "I'll be here as long as you need me."

"What I really need right now is to brush my teeth," I replied and we stood up. As I turned to the sink to brush my teeth, he went back into the room and returned as I was finishing up with an outfit for me. I got dressed and sat down on the couch by the window while he took a shower. As I sat by the window, I ran a hand over my stomach, thinking. I wondered if we would have boys or girls. I had really hoped for one of each but, with them being identical, I couldn't be picky. 

After about fifteen minutes, Zak stepped out of the shower and got dressed. As he was dressing, I could tell he was watching me.

"You ok?" he asked, walking over to the couch and sitting next to me. I nodded.

"Yeah, I feel better now," I replied, looking at him. "I'm actually kind of hungry now." He chuckled.

"What are you in the mood for?" he asked. I thought for a minute before answering.

"I would really like chicken and an omelet," I said and he snorted in laughter. "What? That's what your children want, I'm just the incubator." He took my hand, still chuckling.

"You are so much more than that babe," he said. I smiled at him and we got ready to leave. We made our way out to the car and I sent a quick text to Tara to let her know where we were going. She responded telling us to be careful and that she and Aaron loved us. Zak got into the driver seat and we made our way out of the parking lot of the hotel. 

"I think there was a diner not far from here," I said, looking at him. He nodded before turning left toward the diner that I had seen when Billy and Jay drove me in to Greenville. 

"What do you want to do while we are in Pittsburgh?" he asked, as we drove.

"I'm not sure," I replied. "Honestly I really just want to relax. I want to see the sights and not worry about investigating for a while. I've been trying to be strong but being in that building really scared me. I didn't know what was happening. I've never felt anything like that before and I don't ever want to feel something like that again." I could feel tears welling up in my eyes, and I turned my head so that he wouldn't see them. He was a lot more perceptive than I thought though, because he took my hand and squeezed it gently.