Chapter 38

Caty POV

I honestly wasn't sure what I wanted to do. Zak and Aaron were going to be busy for a while and I didn't want to just sit in the hotel by myself. I picked up my phone and dialed Tara's number hoping that she would answer. It rang and rang, but she answered right before it went to voicemail.

"Morning Caty, how are you?" she asked, sounding like herself.

"I'm ok, how are you feeling?" I asked, tentatively.

"I'm ok," she sighed. "Aaron has been incredibly protective since the investigation. I am feeling ok though."

"Aaron said you were having nightmares yesterday?" I asked.

"Yeah but I think that was just after-effects of the possession. I haven't had any others and I don't feel like I did the last time I had something come through me like that," she explained.

"I just worry about you," I replied. "That was an intense situation. I just want to be sure that you are ok."

"Yeah, I'm all good. Are you ok? You were affected as well," she asked.

"Yeah, I'm good. It was weird but I feel normal," I replied. "Other than random bouts of morning sickness. That's about the worst of everything with me right now."

"Do you want to come up to my room?" she asked.

"I was going to see if you wanted to go out. There is a shopping center not far from here and I want to see what I can find. Maybe get a mani-pedi," I explained. 

"Girl I'm so down, I seriously need it," she said. "I'll meet you down in the lobby in twenty." I agreed and hung up. I then dialed Zak's number; He answered almost immediately.

"Hey princess, what's up?" he asked.

"Tara and I are going to go out and go shopping. She needs to get out of this hotel and so do I. I'll be so glad when we can finally get back home to Vegas," I explained.

"Me too princess. I'm ready to move on and let this whole situation be nothing but a bad memory. It's time to start working for the future and for our twins. We deserve it," he replied. 

"I just wanted to let you know what was going on," I said. "Maybe you guys can meet up with us later for lunch whenever you get done."

"That sounds good princess, just let us know when you guys are ready and we will meet you wherever you want to go," Zak said and I smiled to myself. This man would never cease to amaze me.

"Ok I love you babe. You guys be careful ok?" I asked firmly.

"We will, I promise," he replied. We said goodbye and I hung up. I finished getting ready before heading down to the lobby to meet Tara but when the elevator doors opened to let me in, she was there. I chuckled to myself and stepped in.

"Well I guess there was no point in meeting you in the lobby huh?" She asked and we both laughed. It was good to see her laughing. I had been worried about her. When we made it to the lobby we were surprised to see Billy and Jay there talking.

"Hey guys!" I called and they turned to see us walking over. The smiled and waved at us. Once we had reached them, they hugged us.

"What are you ladies up to?" Jay asked after he released me.

"We are headed to the shopping center down the road. We decided to go shopping and maybe get our nails done," I replied.

"Yeah we seriously need to get out of this hotel," Tara sighed.

"Well we don't have anything to do. Want us to join you? We might be able to find something to do while we're there," Billy said, but it seemed a little forced. I narrowed my eyes slightly but before I could say anything Tara responded.