Chapter 33

Caty POV

I was having fits of anxiety and fear watching the monitors with Jay. I was chewing on my fingernails and my leg was bouncing so much that it was causing my whole body to shake. I could see Jay glance over at me every now and then. I was honestly trying to keep watch on everything at once and was glad that he was there with me in case I missed something. After a little bit of watching me have a silent panic attack, Jay sighed and put his hand on my knee before turning to me.

"Caty, you have to calm down," he said gently and I turned to look at him. "All this stress isn't good for the twins. Calm down and breathe." He held me in his arms for a moment as we watched the monitors. Everything had been relatively quiet with not a lot of activity, which was making me even more nervous, but we were getting close to three am which is when activity is usually at its highest. We saw Zak and the others exit the building to come to nerve and I was on my feet instantly. As Zak got closer to nerve, I ran to him and threw myself into his arms, jumping up and wrapping my legs around his waist. He grunted in surprise but held me close as I gripped onto him for dear life.

"Princess, you need to be careful right now," he said, and my heart dropped for a second before he continued. "You keep rubbing on me like that and I won't make it to the end of the lockdown before I have to take you back to the hotel." He growled slightly in my ear and I chuckled.

"I was worried," I said, holding him tight. He moved his hands to where he was holding my thighs as he walked over to nerve. "It's too quiet and I don't like it. I don't like how quiet this thing is being right now. I'm worried about you all." As I finished speaking, Zak lowered himself carefully into a chair, adjusting me to where I was sitting sideways on his lap. Aaron and Billy came over as well, looking at me carefully.

"Everything is ok for now," Billy said, calmly. "I haven't really felt a whole lot. We have been trying to stay away from the area where you and I were when you were attacked but that's coming next. We can't avoid it forever."

"Caty Cat, you doing ok?" Aaron asked, looking at me. "You look a little pale." I only nodded, burying my head into Zak's neck and nuzzling him. I felt his pants twitch slightly and smiled to myself; I had forgotten at the moment that his neck was one of his most sensitive spots.

"I'm ok," I replied, quietly. "I'm feeling a little sick but I'm ok otherwise." I nuzzled Zak's neck again and he pinched my leg gently. I jumped a little and smacked his arm but no one had really noticed as Billy and Aaron had turned to check with Jay. He gave me a look and I knew immediately what was on his mind. He turned his head, smirking, and called to the others.

"Guys, let's take a little break, I'm going to take Caty to the car to get something for her to eat. I agree she's looking pale and needs to eat," he called. The others barely acknowledged him and he picked me up bridal style in his arms and carried me away from nerve. "You're in trouble for that princess. I can't stand it anymore." He gave me another look and I giggled. He quickened his pace until he made it back to the car. He put me on my feet, before sliding into the back seat and pulling me in with him.

"What are you doing?" I asked, trying to look innocent.

"Oh don't even play with me," he replied, sounding amused. I only looked at him, as he slid his jacket from his shoulders and pulled his shirt off. I could never get tired of the body on this man. His muscular chest and arms, and those delicious tattoos. He pulled me close to him, kissing me deeply. As he kissed me, he ran his hands along my waist, teasing the bottom of my shirt before finally pulling away and taking my shirt off.

"Zak," I breathed and he stopped, pulling away slightly, his hands on my rib cage. "Lay back." He raised an eyebrow at me but said nothing as he did as I asked. He rested his back against the door and ran his hand along my face and into my hair as I made my way closer to him. I went to work trying to open his belt.