Chapter thirteen

Dawson stood in the backyard of the Dojo with Robby and Sam

Dawson stood in the backyard of the Dojo with Robby and Sam. As the two were practicing the circle move. Dawson stood at the punching bag and punched it rapidly.

"Rember, keep moving in a circle," Sam told Robby.

"You know, I did make it to the All Valley finals," Robby commented.

"Cause you didn't have to get through me!" Sam sassed.

"Listen, I want to thank you" Robby spoke looking at sam.

"For what?" Sam asked confused.

"Last week, I had no water. This week I have a Jacuzzi in my backyard" Robby thanked Sam.

"Well, I wouldn't get too excited. We did find a dead possum in there." Sam chuckled. causing Robby to laugh as well.

"Seriously. Thank you. It's been a little rough lately and it's nice to have people look put for you. " Robby confessed.

"That's what friends do." Sam smiled. When Dawson hurried that all she could think was he got friend-zoned.

"Not all friends" Robby smiled look at Sam as she did the same. Dawson stopped and looked at the two they were clear flirting with each other well Robby was.

"All right, guys. Enough chitchat. Let's see where you're at" Daniel asked the three. "Good afternoon" Daniel spoke looking at the people who entered the backyard.

"Hey, uh we're looking for Miyagi-DO," one of the guys asked.

"You're in the right place" Daniel smiled at the boys.

"Commercial said lessons ate free?" the other guy asked.

"They sure are." Daniel agreed. "You guys ready to get started?"

"Yeah" Both guys agreed.

"Great. I have a couple of cans of paint out front. The fence back here could use a fresh coat. Robby will show you" Daniel explained to the two.

"You want us to paint your fence?" the guy asked.

"Keep an open mind, guys. It'll all make sense later." Robby assured the two.

"To fully learn Miyagi-Do karate. You have to unlearn your misconceptions about what constitutes training. " Daniel explained.

"I knew this was bullshit. This was all just a scam to get kids to do your yard work, huh?" One of the boys asked,

"No.no. This is a part of the process." Daniel tried to tell the boys.

"Mom was right. With car salesmen you always gotta read the fine print." the other boy addressed.

"I'm not trying to sell you anything. I'm trying to teach you karate." Daniel assured.

"Come on. Let's go check out that place with the snake." the guy told the other guy as they both left the backyard.