Chapter twenty three

"Dawson" Miguel whispered "Dawson come on bubba you got to wake up" Miguel kissed his girlfriend's head

"Dawson" Miguel whispered "Dawson come on bubba you got to wake up" Miguel kissed his girlfriend's head. Dawson's eyes fluttered open looking up at Miguel. "Morning sleepy head" Miguel ruffled Dawson's hair

"Moring" Dawson yawned sitting up. Miguel burst into laughter seeing his girlfriend's hair. "What so funny"

"Your hair looks like a bird's nest" Miguel chuckled.

"Hey" A voice came from the door.

"Hey, " Miguel looked over at the door seeing his girlfriend's sister standing by the door.

"I hope it's ok, me just showing up like this" Sam hesitated before walking forward. "How are you?" Sam asked when she realized what she felt her face go a bit red. "I mean...sorry, I. It's a stupid question." Sam stuttered

"It's ok" Miguel sighed running his fingers threw Dawon's hair. " I have surgery on Friday. Some doctors from out of state who supposedly work miracles."

"That's great, right" Sam smiled at the thought of her sister's boyfriend maybe being able to walk again.

"I'm not getting my hopes up. The surgery cost a ton. My mom's gonna be in debt." Miguel sighed. "And there's no guarantee it'll work, but," Miguel shrugged his shoulders grabbing Dawson's hand and interlocking their hands.

"If anyone can beat the odds, it's you." Sam smiled.

"Dawson also Dad wants you home for a few hours" Sam added.

"Ok, well Miguel I will see you later" Dawson planted a kiss on Miguel's lips and walked out of the room with Sam. Before they could leave Hawk stopped them. "You got some never coming here after what your boyfriend did to him" Hawk glared looking at Sam.

"I don't care what you think. I just wanna help. Plus he's my sister's boyfriend"Sam spoke looking at Hawk in the eyes.

"Pretty sure you've done enough, princess." Hawk looks Sam up and down before walking into Miguel's Room.

"What was that about," Dawson asked looking at Sam with a questionable look. "Is everything ok?" Dawson aside her eyebrows

"It's nothing you have to worry about" Sam lied. "Come one let's go."

"Sam this is amazing" Dawson complimented as she walked up to her sister seeing the fundraiser that Sam put on

"Yeah, I wanted to pitch in" Sam smiled holding a bucket of water and setting it down next to a car that some of the girls where were washing. "Looks there's Moon"

"Hey Moon" Sam and Dawson chorused as they walked over to the girl.

"Hey" Moon smiled.

"Thanks for bringing out the cheerleading team, they are definitely helping to attract customers." Sam laughed putting her hands on her hips, "But I thought you were a feminist?" Sam questioned.

"Oh, I'm a sex-positive feminist. Our bodies are an expression." Moon explained walking away.

"I have no clue what that means" Dawson whispered to Sam. Sam just laughed at her sister. 'What's so funny?" Dawson asked. "Sam comes back and tells me what's so funny" Dawson yelled running after her sister.

Later the night Dawson was cleaning up some of the stuff while everyone went home. Dawson glanced up and saw some of the Cobra beating up one of the Miyagi-Dos. "Hey leave him alone" Dawson yelled.

"What you say," one of the cobras asked walking forward to her.

"Are you deaf I said leave me alone" Dawson hissed with venom lacing threw her voice. "What are you going to do hit me" Dawson mocked. "Come on hit me" Dawson challenged sweeping the Cobra in the legs.

"That's it come here you bitch" The cobra yelled standing up and punching Dawson in the nose. "Maybe a broken nose will teach you a lesson" The cobra laughed waling away with the others.

Dawson walked into Miguel's room with a cast on her nose. "He Miguel" Dawson smiled sitting down next to him.

"Dawson what happened to your nose" Miguel asked worried.

"Just one of the Cobra Kais broke my nose it's no big deal" Dawson waved it off.

"No big deal Daws" Miguel snapped causing Dawson to flinch. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to, I just don't want to see you get hurt" Miguel spoke in a soft voice pulling Dawson into a hug.

"Miguel I'm more worried about you. some silly nose" Dawson broke from the hug to face Miguel.

"Listen I'm that you care about me but that doesn't mean I don't want you to not worry about yourself," Miguel explained. "Please can you take care of yourself," Miguel asked looking Dawson in the eyes?

"Ok" Dawson whispered.

"Now come here and tell me what you were doing today," Miguel asked.

"Well Sam organized this fundraiser for you and after I stayed late to clean up and these Cobra were picking on this kid so I tried to help him then that's how I ended up with a broken nose" Dawson explained playing with Miguel's fingers.

"Wow I can't believe they did that to you" Miguel sighed kissing his girlfriend

"Well your surgery is soon" Dawson changed the subject.

"Yeah but like I said my mom's going to be in debt" Miguel sighed.

"I can help I can give you some money" Dawson smiled. "I can even sell my car if it means you can walk again" Dawson sat up smiling.

"No, I can't let you do that" Miguel grabbed her face. "Tell me you won't do it" Miguel begged.

"But I don't even us it really I fixed up but It kind of just sits there" Dawson shrugged.

"But that was your dream car and the surgery might not work so if you sold the car the surgery didn't work I would feel terrible" Migule put his forehead head on hers.

"If you won't let me sell the car I can use the money I made while working at the dealership" Dawson suggested. "I made over $1000 I worked almost five days a week for 7 months" Dawson smiled brightly

"Dawson no" Miguel stopped her from going into her wallet.

"Why? I want to help you?" Dawson looked at Miguel.

"Come here" Miguel pulled Dawson in to hug and laid back in the bed. "You want to know something? You're helping me right now" Miguel whispered into her hair.

"How?" Dawson whispered back. "If I'm not giving you any money to help pay for your surgery".

"You're helping by just being here" Miguel kissed Dawson on the side of her head and drew circles on her arm with his finger. "And that's all I could ask for" Miguel smiled pulling Dawson closer.

"I love you so much Miggy" Dawson whispered hugging Miguel even closer.

"I love you to Daws." Miguel smiled. "I'm so happy I meet you that day, and I'm more than happy to call you my girlfriend" Miguel smiled pulling her in for a kiss then for the rest of the night they talked and fell asleep in each other arms.