Chapter fourteen

Dawson and Daniel were at the Dojo trying to get the yellow car started so while Daniel was under the car, Dawson was fixing the engine

Dawson and Daniel were at the Dojo trying to get the yellow car started so while Daniel was under the car, Dawson was fixing the engine. "Hey Dad, Daws" Sam smiled walking up to them too. Getting the banana boat up and running?" Sam asked.

"We're trying" Daniel slides back from under the car to face Sam.

"Yep and hopefully it works" Dawson wiped the oil off her forehead.

"Do you maybe want wanna come around back? You could teach us some karate." Sam suggested looking at her dad.

"I ever tell you about my first job selling cars?" Daniel asked Sam. It was at this used car lot in Tarazona. The owner there thought he was God's gift to sales. The truth is the customers could smell his BS a mile away. My first month there, I outsold him."

"How'd you do that?" Sam raised an eyebrow.

"I did what Mr. Miyagi taught me to do. I treated people honestly. Looked them in the eye, asked for their trust, and I earned it. " Daniel spoke as he cleaned the tools up. "All the fanfare, and all the gimmicks, that stuff. I mean, it gets them in the door, but it doesn't sell cars. It's that same thing with karate." Daniel opens the car door and stands there facing to twins. "We gotta use more personal touch. We gotta look people in the eye and connect with them. That's the only way we're gonna be successful." Daniel explains hoping in the car. "All right you ready" Daniel starts the engine of the car "Oh yeah. "Go get Robby. We're gonna take a drive."

Dawson felt the wind flying there her hair as they drove down the highway with the radio blaring music. "I still don't understand how going to the beach is gonna help us get students," Robby questioned Daniel.

"It's not the student that I'm after. It's the parents." Daniel replied glancing at Robby threw the review mirror.

"So, you're counting on kids listening to their parents?" Sam raised her eyebrow.

"No, I'm counting on parents doing whatever it takes to protect their kids," Daniel explains his plan to the three teens in the car. "Look, I've tried everything else to promote Miyagi-DO. If this doesn't work..nothing will"

nothing will"