Chapter twenty six

Dawson stood with Johnny as he held Miguel up with a rope while he was in a harness

Dawson stood with Johnny as he held Miguel up with a rope while he was in a harness. "Are you ready, or what?" Johnny asked.

"I hate this. This is ridiculous. " Miguel scoffed.

"Miggy this is not ridiculous." Dawson rubbed her temples. "This is going to help."

"What's ridiculous about it.?" Johnny asked looking at Miguel.

"I look like a giant baby!" Miguel complained

"The way you're whining and not walking you might as well be a baby." Johnny rolled his eyes last the boys' antics.

"Isn't there a more badass way we can do this?" Miguel questioned.

"Miggy please stop complaining ," Dawson begged to grab his arm and shake it.

"You think tapping your foot at a concert makes you ready for badass training?" Johnny looked at Miguel. "Your legs are still pussies! Now, you ready to stand?"

"Yes." Miguel sighed.

"One-two-three-go" Johnny counted down before letting go of the rope. once he let go Miguel came crashing down to the ground.

"Miggy are you ok?" Dawson asked bending down in front of him.

"Alright better fall this time. Let's take five." Johnny addressed looking at the scenes.

"Your trying Miggy you're trying." Dawson hugged him once he sat up.

"I don't feel like it tho." Miguel sighed breaking from the hugging and kissing Dawson on the lips and then her forehead.

"You know. My Mom's been talking about you a lot recently." Miguel sated.

"Oh, yeah?" Johnny raised an eyebrow surprised that Carmen would talk about him.

"She says thank you for taking me to that concert." Miguel huffed scooting across the rug to lean against the couch.

"She says anything else?" Johnny asked.

"No" Miguel replied. "You writing a novel?" Miguel asked looking at Johnny's computer.

"Are you?" Dawson questioned.

"Oh. No, it's a Facebook message." Johnny told the teens.

"That? To who?" Miguel and Dawson said in unison.

"Babe from high school," Johnny admitted taking a sip of beer. "Ali"

"Ail? like the Ali?" Miguel asked.

"Wait, Ail, Ail?" Dawson's eyes went wide from the realization.

"This is huge. This is huge! This is so...but I mean you're not gonna seem that. right? Miguel looked at Johnny. "You cannot send her that message." Miguel shook his head.

"Why, not?" Johnny asked.

"Because it's, like, 80 pages. In all caps." Miguel added.

"Yeah, you can not send that" Dawson shook her head looking at the computer.