• Take Down •

Not long after Beth and Noah came to my aid we were climbing down the elevator shaft, using spare sheets that Noah had acquired. Beth assured me we were okay, and ushered me down first, making sure I was safe at the bottom before following me.

I could hear faint groans from outside the building and looked up at Noah who was beginning to climb down. My hands were sweating as I awaited us being caught. I refused to go back there, and I never wanted Beth or Noah to have to stay there either.

I didn't know what had happened to cause Noah to fall, but he fell past my view and past the ledge we were meant to step on.

"Noah!" Me and Beth both called to him as we saw him laid on the top of bodies which we knew to be walkers.

"Fuck it."

I jumped in after him, Beth following not long after me and I groaned as my elbow made contact with the skull of a walker. Its blood spewed into my elbow and I withheld the gag at the feeling of the stickiness of it.

Running through the building, me and Beth supported Noah, who was beginning to limp slightly. When we made it out of the building, a yard full of walkers surprised us. We could see a fence and only a few walkers on the other side.

"Come on!" I grabbed a brick that I found on the floor, and left Noah's side, the support making him lean on Beth. "Get him to the fence, I'll hold them off."

It was hard to kill the walkers with a brick. I had to get them to the floor before I could kill them as the brick barely did anything otherwise. Noah got to the fence, and Beth quickly helped him over.

"Stop right there!" I heard Shepherd, and spun to see her aimed her gun at us.

I looked back to Noah to see him waiting for us and Beth looking at me wearily. I turned back to Shepherd. I wouldn't make it to the fence, I knew that. I threw the brick. She dodged it like I had expected, and I immediately ran for her while her guard was down. I didn't know what I planned on doing after, I just knew I had to make sure Beth got over the fence. I jumped on Shepherd right as she got back up after diving down, and tackled her to the floor. She threw me off rather easily, to which I landed on my back.

"Go!" I yelled to Beth, right as a loud bang sounded from my ears.

"Amelia!"

Through the ringing in my ears I heard Beth scream, and when I looked back at her she was running to me. She got thrown to the floor, by another officer and it was then I felt the searing, burning sensation in my lower abdomen.

I looked down, to see blood spreading quickly into my shirt. It hurt, but not in the way I expected being shot would. I expected it to be excruciating and then death would soon follow, but I was wrong.

It felt strange. It burnt and my head felt light. My hands were clammy and I felt both hot and cold and the same time. I looked at the man that stood over me with a pistol in head.

"Bitch, you shot me."

I felt myself be picked up by my arm and instantly felt a sharper pain in my abdomen with the weight. I was brought to Beth, both of us being led back inside. Beth looked at me worriedly, and I could feel myself growing weaker and weaker.

"Amelia? Amelia!"

I didn't notice I was falling till I felt her and someone else wrap their arms around me before I could hit the floor. It didn't take long for everything to fade into black, a fog setting over my mind. I could still feel the burning sensation from the bullet wound, yet I felt so numb at the same time.

I could feel myself be lifted up, and I could feel the warmth in my lower right abdomen spread onto my hand that still clung to my wound. Maybe this was it. All the fighting I had done on the road didn't mean anything because here I was, bleeding out in the arms of someone I was initially running from. I doubted they'd help me since I tried to break out with Beth and Noah, yet I didn't see why they'd bring me back otherwise.