• Wake Up Call •

"Miss?" I heard a faint voice, and opened my eyes to see a very clean man hovering above me, crouched down but far enough away that I didn't feel immediately threatened.

I rolled away from him, out from underneath the small gap of a tree log that I had hid in from both the walkers and the weather. My gun was instantly in my hand, safety off as I pointed it up at him. He quickly backed away, hands up as he gulped and took a breath.

"I'm Aaron, I come from a place called Alexandria. It's a lot like the old world, if you would let me show you."

My mind was already foggy, I had barely slept last night from the cold weather and I must of nodded off for not nearly long enough. Processing what he was saying was like solving math. Fucking impossible. How is there a place like the old world? Did that mean it was safe, with no walkers and no bad people? Or was it another set up like Terminus?

"Bullshit."

He gave a nervous laugh, and shook his head. "I can see why you'd think that. But I have proof."

"I don't care. Leave."

"I can help you, you're nearly blue from the cold. Let me help you. Please."

"Leave."

—————

"We have to look for her before going Rick. We can't leave her with him, she brought our stuff back." Daryl argued, holding his crossbow up as if to show proof even though Rick already knew.

"I know. But we need to scope this place out, and if Aaron is telling the truth then he isn't with her."

"Dad, she won't last that long. Not with Hank," Carl joined in, meanwhile Aaron stayed silent, not wanting to grow more on their bad side than he previously had been and truthfully, he had no idea about any of their backstories to add in his input.

"You saw her at Terminus. She can look after herself; for a few days at least. I want her back as much as you do but we can't pass this up."

"Nah, she could've put herself at risk getting these back for us. I know guys like him and I ain't waiting a few days." Daryl finalised. "What did she look like when you found her? Was she hurt?"

"I didn't really get time to check since she drew a gun on me, but she must've been in the storm all night," Aaron felt slightly more at ease knowing they somewhat needed him, more so now they knew he'd met Amelia.

After discussing things further, a plan was made. They would go to Alexandria keeping an eye out for Amelia on the way, and then they would form a group to look for her. Carol was weary with the idea of Amelia coming back, as was Sasha. Gabriel was silent.

On the way they found Hank, his legs a lot further from his body, now with bites out of them. An arrow was in his head and Daryl cringed as he pulled it free, the squelch of flesh making him feel slightly queasy. The group knew Amelia had killed him now and that was worrying considering it now meant she was on her own.

"We need to find her."

—————

When Amelia next woke up, the floor beneath her was shaky. That was partly from the fact she wasn't on the floor. She was in someone's arms. She felt exhausted and the world around her was spinning. Despite all this, her mind still thought clearly and she felt her heart rate spike. Who was carrying her, and why couldn't she open her eyes? She felt stupid for thinking for even a short moment that she couldn't open her eyes rather than that there was a black cloth covering them. There was something binding her wrists as well, from the feel of it, a rough, scratchy rope.