• You Call Yourself Jesus? •

Amelia woke earlier than everyone else in the house. She sat up and rubbed her eyes, looking around the empty living room. She saw her knives laid out on the table and smiled. They'd been sharpened for her and she knew it was from the works of Daryl. He always made a point of having his own sharpened and he was the only one who dared to touch Amelia's stuff.

She grabbed them and began to make her way upstairs but halted when she saw a figure peeking into Rick's room. From the hair alone, she knew they weren't from Alexandria. That and the fact that others in Alexandria outside of their group don't come in without knocking. She crept up behind them and grabbed their hair, yanking their head down and putting her blade to their neck. This wasn't the easiest to do given their height difference, but the person had crouched down to alleviate some of the pain in their scalp, making it a lot easier for her.

She felt them begin to move and knew straight away that their strength would outmatch hers.

"Don't. Move." Amelia hissed in their ear and felt relief wash over her when Carl came out of their room, a gun drawn.

"What the hell are you doing in our house?" He questioned, and Amelia pressed the blade tighter to the person's neck to push for an answer.

"I'm, uh, trying not to piss the lady off, waiting for your mom and dad to get dressed. Hi... I'm Jesus." Amelia now realised that this person was a man.

"You call yourself Jesus?" Amelia asked, eyes looking up to see a very shirtless Rick exit his room in a hurry with a not very well dressed Michonne.

The man laughed breathlessly, and looked at Rick with a smile.

"It's okay Lia." Rick held his hand out to both Amelia and Carl.

Amelia pushed 'Jesus' forward, releasing the blade from his neck and instantly rushing to Carl's side. Carl's gun remained pointed at him, up until Amelia was directly next to him and he had moved her behind him. Amelia's heart warmed at the simple gesture.

Rick walked forward and they were all lead downstairs to where we all stood opposite Jesus.

"You said we should talk. So let's talk. So, how'd you get out?" Rick asked.

"One guard can't cover two exits or third floor windows. Knots untie and locks get picked," Jesus said. Amelia looked at Rick.

There was only one guard? She would've thought there would've been at least two for him, it seemed like a basic rule of thumb to her to have extra protection since their last ambush from the Wolves.

  "I checked out your arsenal. I haven't seen anything like that in a long time. You're well-equipped, but your provisions are low. Very low for the amount of people you have," Jesus said. "Fifty-four?"

"More than that," Rick said.

Amelia was surprised he wasn't more concerned how this man had went in our armoury. He could've killed them, a lot of them, if he'd wanted to. It wasn't on his agenda which was a relief at least. Amelia looked at Carl who's eye remained fully focused on Jesus.

  "Well, I appreciate the cookie. My compliments to the chef," Jesus said, and Amelia's mind was growing increasingly boggled.

Carol made cookies? She made a note to remember to find her and suck up to her so she could have some. Everyone knew Carol's cookies were the best around.

"Yeah, she ain't here," Rick said, seeming to get more irritated with the second.

"Look, we got off to a bad start. But we're on the same side-- the living side. You and Rick had every reason to leave me out there, but you didn't. I'm from a place that's a lot like this one. Part of my job is searching out other settlements to trade with. I took your truck because my community needs things, and both of you looked like trouble. I was wrong. You're good people. And this is a good place. I think our communities may be in a position to help each other."

In fairness, she didn't fully distrust this man. He'd managed to escape his cell and make it to the armoury but he didn't steal or kill anyone. That had to count for something. She looked to Daryl. He looked down at her and shrugged before looking at Rick.

"Do you have food?"

"We've started to raise livestock. We scavenge, we grow. Everything from tomatoes to sorghum." Jesus informed them.

"Tell us why we should believe you."

"I'll show you. If we take a car, I can take you back home in a day, and you can all see for yourselves who we are and what we have to offer."

"Wait, you're looking for more settlements. You mean you're already trading with other groups?"

"Your world's about to get a whole lot bigger," he smiled.

——————

quick authors note!!

i'm so sorry this chapter took so long to be made, i got carried away writing chapters way into the future and even started writing a last of us fanfic but here we go! i hope you enjoy :)