• A Wall Between Us •

My mind was reeling with different emotions and thoughts as I watched Dwight grab Daryl from under his arms and lift him. Rosita reached for him, holding his hand, which didn't last very long as he was dragged away. She was truly traumatised and in shock. Seeing her so broken seemed to set of my anger even more, and so I didn't hesitate to break free from my captors hold to jump up and claw at the man's face. I wrapped my legs around his waist as I reached over his shoulders and dug my nails deep into his cheeks. I scratched at his scarred face, listening to him yell. He elbowed me sharply in the ribs, hard enough for me to fall back into someone's arms. The force of his elbow to my ribs, winded me and I swore I heard a crack.

They grabbed me roughly, pinning my arms down so I couldn't fight back. I threw my head back, my head coming into harsh contact with their chest. I knew it was probably hurting me a lot more than them, but it was satisfying enough hearing them huff so I carried on fighting. My breaths came out in shallow rasps.

"Get off of her!" Carl shouted, only for a man behind him to push down on his shoulder, forcing him to kneel again.

"Well I think this just made my day!" Negan laughed, sauntering over to me with a wide sadistic grin plastered on his face.

He stood in front of me, his bat now level with my chin as he pointed it at me. I stared at him, as my Dad raced through my mind. Negan reminded me an awful lot of him and I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of seeing how much he'd affected me.

"Wow," he breathed out with a laugh. "You know, I think we'll take you too. Hope you don't mind too much Rick, but her, well I think I'd rather keep her close by where I can keep an eye on her," he laughed and he turned, walking away. "Sorry Carl. You're girlfriend won't be home for a while."

I was pulled back by the man who had held me before and thrown into the van next to Daryl. Daryl was silent, staring at his hands that had bruised from when he'd punched Negan. I didn't say anything, there was nothing that I could say to make him feel any better about what had happened. He'd known Glenn a lot longer than I had, and I knew he felt responsible for what happened. Even I did.

I scooted over next to him, and scooped my head under his arm. Although I knew I couldn't say anything, I hoped he felt better with me there at least. I know it felt that way for me.

"Ya shouldn't of fought for me, Lia," he said quietly.

"I couldn't let them take you, much good it did anyway," I said, my voice as sullen as his.

"You do as he says from now on. Don't want to see ya gettin even more hurt," he said, rubbing my forearm soothingly.

I didn't say anything. I knew as soon as I got my chance, that man was dead. I didn't care how many of them I had to kill. I sat in silence, huddled into Daryl's side. The longer I sat in silence, the longer I had to think about what happened. Tyreese was dead. Abraham was dead. Glenn was dead. Negan had brutally killed all three of them.

"S'alright. Let it out," Daryl said, and I broke down.

My shoulders shook as I sobbed in Daryl's arms. I felt guilty for accepting his comfort when he was feeling exactly how I was, probably even worse.
It truly hurt just remembering their names, never mind the way they'd died. I still had Tyreese's blood dried on my hands from how I had swiped his hat and I felt nauseous looking at it. I felt nauseous knowing his hat was still where I had been kneeling. I'd never have something of his to keep. All of my efforts to keep it together had failed.

—————

Me and Daryl were led to concrete rooms, looking an awful lot like prison cells. If anyone deserved a cell it was Negan. No, Negan deserved way worse than a cell.