• Settled Business •

It had been a week since Daryl and the others had gone to the satellite tower and killed all of the residents. There was an incident with Maggie and Carol being captured, but all was handled and the business was settled. We had food from Hilltop and a new prison cell was officially built courtesy of Morgan. Things were actually running smoothly.

"Lia," Daryl greeted.

"Daryl," I greeted back.

Despite things being better now, I didn't really know what to do with myself. Me and Carl were practically frozen in time, we didn't speak any more than usual but we didn't not speak either. It felt strange. And with that problem, I hadn't had much to do around here.

"How are you doin'? Haven't spoke in a while," he said, and I shrugged.

"Same old. Heard you're going on a run today?" I asked, shielding my eyes from the sun as I looked up at him.

"Just a little one. Denise and Rosita are coming with. You need anything?" He asked, fixing the strap of the gun that slung over his shoulder.

I missed seeing Daryl with his crossbow. When I first found out what had happened with him and those people, Negan's people I suppose, I didn't really know how to react. The crossbow was a part of him and I could tell he missed it.

"Only if you happen to find one, but a chocolate bar would be good. I'll sharpen your knives for a whole week," I bargained, and he raised his eyebrows with a smile.

"I prefer doin' em myself," he answered and I rolled my eyes.

"Your loss. I'm getting really good at it."

"Yeah, whatever. I'll think about it," he half smiled.

"See you soon Darlaaa," I sang, turning to walk away.

He scoffed and mumbled under his breath as he went and I smiled to myself. His name calling out to me stopped me in my tracks though.

"Actually," he called over to me. "Why don't you come with? Been a while since you've been out there," he said and I smiled widely.

I nodded excitedly, "don't go without me! I'll be 2 minutes!"

I ran as fast as I could to the house to grab my backpack. I already had all my weapons. Taking a last glance in the mirror at my outfit, I ran outside again. It only consisted of black jeans, a white t-shirt and one of Carl's many button-ups that I'd left unbuttoned because of the heat. I jogged you to Daryl's side and smiled back at him.

"All ready?" He said.

"All ready," I confirmed.

————————

We waited outside of the building after Daryl had banged on the window, listening for any signs of the dead inside. When silence followed we all filed in one by one. I doubted I'd find any chocolate bars in here, most of the shelves consisted of empty boxes of bandages and medicines.

My knife in hand, I scanned the shelves for anything that could be useful. Upon finding a small box of tampons, I shoved them in my bag. Maggie was the one who wore tampons, I was still stuck to pads until we found a 'cup' as she had called it. Not that I knew what to look for anyway.

————————

The heat was getting to me now, and I pulled Glenn's hat out of my backpack to put on my head to shield myself from the sunlight.

"Glenn don't miss that yet?" Daryl asked, flicking the end of the hat.

"Not enough to ask for it back I guess," I answered.