• Butterfly Effect •

When people say that you wake up on the wrong side of the bed, it's usually a figure of speech. I never fully understood it but people said it all the time. It wasn't a figure of speech today. Though I hadn't swapped sides, I wasn't where I had slept. Where I remembered my head against Carl's chest, my head now lie on a soft pillow. My cheeks still felt stained from last night's outburst and I felt as though my eyes were puffy.

When I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth I was surprised at my reflection. My eyes were still red and puffy, much how they felt. I didn't spend long in the shower, and I was glad to change into some clean clothes. A tight fitted light grey top with some jeans. It wasn't the best looking outfit but it was the most practical. Now that walkers were surrounding us I felt like I was back on the road again; on edge.

I brushed my hair, and patted it with a towel to get it as dry as I could. I didn't know what time it was and the house was silent. I went back to my room, grabbing my knives and holster and attaching it to my thigh. Maybe I should find Rick and see if there's anything I could do to help.

I went downstairs to see Carl sat at the counter. He didn't seem happy at all, and as I looked to the counter in front of him, a folded piece of paper lay there.

'Just Survive Somehow'

"What's that?" I asked.

"Enid left during the attack," he said, a tinge of sadness and worry in his voice.

"Oh." I answered. "How come?"

"I don't know. You sleep okay?" He changed the subject.

I nodded, going and sitting on a stool. I dangled my feet, kicking them in boredom.

"Best sleep in a while actually," I said with a huff.

I was still tired but if I stayed in bed any longer I would've most definitely died of either boredom or something. I felt bad admitting that my best nights sleep was after a dreadful event with many lives lost but it was true.

"Good," he nodded, and it felt slightly awkward as I sat there kicking my feet.

"So what's the plan?" I asked, changing the topic.

Carl shrugged, "I'm not sure. Rosita is giving people lessons with how to use weapons and stuff. My dads been taking to Deanna a lot. I think we just have to sit tight until we're told what to do."

When Carl mentioned Rosita giving people lessons my interest was instantly peaked. The memories of Gorman back at the hospital and the man who I thought was part of Alexandria rung through my head. Gorman could've won our fight if Beth hadn't helped me, and although I handled the other man relatively well, it would've been easier with experience in fighting.

And with that, I bid my farewells to Carol and made my way outside. I could spot the group lined up that Rosita was training and jogged over. She smiled at me, and made her way past a few Alexandrians to get to me.

"Hi Amelia, here to help me train them?" She asked, and I felt weirdly complimented that she thought I was capable of doing so.

"No actually, I was going to ask if you could train me. It doesn't hurt to know a bit more you know?" I asked, swallowing down the memories of what happened in the form of bile.

"Oh, uh sure. What type of training are you wanting? Guns, knives..?" She asked, as we walked back to the group.

"Um, self-defence maybe..?" I tried to sound as normal as possible but the fact that what I was asking for wasn't on her suggestions sounded awfully suspicious.

Her face fell for a moment, but she nodded anyways.

"Uh, yeah of course," she said. "I'm just doing knives at the moment if you want to stay for it but I can move them on to self defence in like 10-15 minutes if you'd want."