• Lights, camera, action •

Sitting in a small enclosed room in front of a camera made me feel void of all emotions. The woman in front of me was friendly, asking me questions I didn't want to answer and nodding along when I would stay silent. She tried to empathise with me at times but I knew it was bullshit. She didn't have a clue what any of us had been through.

"Amelia, I know you've been on the road for a while and there's been challenges-," I maintained my dead expression as I responded with a simple but sarcastic, "you don't say."

Despite my outburst she continued to speak what she intended to, claiming that Alexandria was safe and that in order for me to be here I had to cooperate in the interview.

"How long have you been on the road?"

"Since the start," I answered.

"How long have you been with Rick?" She asked, folding her hands over her crossed knee in a sophisticated way that made me low-key disgusted.

"Long enough to trust him more than you."

"And how long might that be? Months?"

"If I carried a calendar I'm sure I'd be able to tell you but since I've had other things to worry about, keeping track of time hasn't been one of my top priorities," I answered, growing more and more frustrated, and even more frustrated at the fact I couldn't show that on my face.

"I see. And you were alone when you met Rick?"

I readjusted myself in my chair, leaning forward with my arms rested on my knees. "Yes," I stated confidently.

"What happened to your family?" She asked solemnly, and I had to stop myself from just simply leaving the room.

"You have to do this Amelia. Tell them a story." Carol's voice still rung in my head.

"They died at the start. Tragic really." I tried my best to try and sound upset but all I sounded was sarcastic and it was making me more and more frustrated by the second.

"I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now Amelia," her voice was laced in sympathy and condolences, and I felt bile rising in my throat.

I couldn't let myself actually feel it; because if I did it would all crumble down in a matter of seconds.

"Yeah it's pretty rough," I coughed awkwardly.

"Aaron tells me you don't trust us. That you had a run in with people you think are ours. Can you tell me about that?"

"What's more for me to tell? People in this world are sick, and I don't believe that you're any different. Did Rick tell you about Terminus?" I asked, to which she didn't answer, almost inviting me to continue. "It was a place just like this. Walls, food, people. We trusted them and they tried to eat us. Nothing about this screams safe to me."

The interview continued on, Deanna asking questions that seemed relevant enough since she was letting us in and I knew we'd be cautious too but it still infuriated me. Part of me wanted to come clean, tell her how Dad really died so that someone would at least pretend he was a good guy and give his death a form of attention. When Rick and the rest of the group had found me no one had brought him up, and I wondered if they even knew or bothered to care.

When the camera clicked off and I left the building, the group was seated on the steps outside. When I walked down the steps, I felt everyone's eyes on me, some even standing to ask how it went.

"It was fine," I shrugged, and as I glanced around everyone's faces I could tell the emotions between them all. Confusion.

"What did she ask you?" Carl quizzed, and if it wasn't for my exhaustion I would've probably argued with him.