• Dependency •

"Lia, stop, we ain't getting out of here yet," Daryl spoke quickly, but his words fell upon deaf ears.

I couldn't stay here anymore. The gun clicked after a few more shots. My heart was racing. We'd already came so far.

"No! Daryl please, I can't do this on my own, I can't stay here!" I whisper shouted, looking back at his defeated face.

"Amelia. Stand down."

My heart stopped. A voice I knew all too well spoke to me. I didn't dare look over. I knew I would crack. I didn't tears my eyes away from Daryl's as I tried to keep my chin from wobbling. He looked at me; confused, worried. Was I hallucinating? Had they pushed me that far, to the point I'd lost my sanity?

"Look at me baby," I heard her say.

My heart hammered in my chest, my face flushed and tears brimming in my face. I looked over, and gritted my teeth. I couldn't stop the pained expression from gracing my features. Her hair was no longer in the same singular blonde braid I remembered it to be in. Instead, it was in two braids, pulled over her shoulders.

"Mom.." my lip quivered.

Her face was cold, but her eyes told a different story. Negan stepped out from the corner to stand beside her, his arm around her waist. I pulled the gun up to aim at him.

"I know you have no bullets," she said to me, a strange condescending tone that made me want to curl up into a ball and cry.

"Now isn't this heartfelt," Negan laughed. "My heart aches for you Amelia, it really does. No dad, no mom," my eyes shot to look at Mom, who looked straight back at me, not denying anything. "Well, not anymore at least. You see, I actually found Katherine, on the side of the road in an orange jumpsuit. You can imagine my surprise when she tells me why she's there."

"Mom, please you need to help us get out of here-," she cuts me off.

"It's Katherine. Not mom."

My heart broke, as tears spilled from my eyes. How could the woman who birthed me say that to me? The woman who killed a man that had hurt me. How could she change like that?

"Please Mom, he hurt my friends-," I begged, but was once again cut off.

"Amelia! Stop."

"Now, now. We can talk about this domestic later. How about we get you back in that cell," Negan smiled.

Whilst I was in my thoughts I hadn't heard the person creeping up behind me. A harsh blow was sent to the back of my knee making me fall down, my knees slamming against the concrete. I didn't bother to fight back. I'd noticed I hadn't for a few times now. An arm wrapped around my neck from behind me, pulling me up by my neck. It hurt, a lot, and I struggled to breathe till I was actually on my feet but I didn't try fight it. If my own mother wouldn't fight for me then why should I? I was tired.

"Hey! Don't hurt her like that," Daryl spoke through the bars, and I only just noticed he'd been stood by the bars watching.

I looked at him briefly before I was fully thrown in my cell. I caught myself on the wall as I fell, turning back to look at who'd done it. I didn't recognise him. My mother was stood behind him, a distant look in her eyes.

"What happened to you?" I whispered, too tired to even raise my voice.

"What happened to you?" She countered.