• Line up, line up •

When everyone else arrived, it was a shock to say the least. Maggie was being carried and she looked a lot worse than when Amelia last saw her.

Carl sat next to Tyreese's corpse, his eyes glued to Amelia. She hadn't looked up at him yet. He knew why. Her eyes were glued to Tyreese, who lay in the dirt his eyes open. She couldn't tear her eyes away from him. He could see the blood and bruises on her face and the way she licked the red from her teeth. She didn't want him to see her like this.

"Let's meet the man," a Saviour said and at that, Amelia lifted her eyes.

He knocked on the RV door and out strolled a man that screamed evil. He had a leather jacket on, a red bandana and carried a bat wrapped in barbed wire.

"Pissing our pants yet? Boy, do I have a feeling we're getting close. Yep. It's gonna be pee-pee pants city here real soon." He spoke in a joking manner but she could tell he wasn't. "Which one of you pricks is the leader?"

Amelia didn't look at Rick. She didn't want to be the one to give it away. Clearly this man wasn't happy with Rick, and as soon as he knew who Rick was, Amelia was worried Carl wouldn't have a dad. It didn't matter though, as a Saviour soon ratted him out.

"You're Rick, right? I'm Negan." Negan introduced himself. "And I do not appreciate you killing my men. Also, when I sent my people to kill your people for killing my people, you killed more of my people. Not cool. Not cool. You have no idea how not cool that shit is. But I think you're gonna be up to speed shortly. Yeah. You are so gonna regret crossing me in a few minutes. Yes, you are. You see, Rick, whatever you do, no matter what, you don't mess with the new world order. And the new world order is this, and it's really very simple."

Negan paced around the line he'd made us kneel in as he spoke.

"So, even if you're stupid, which you very may well be, you can understand it. You ready? Here goes. Pay attention. Give me your shit... or I will kill you. Today was career day. We invested a lot so you would know who I am and what I can do. You work for me now. You have shit, you give it to me. That's your job. Now, I know that is a mighty big, nasty pill to swallow, but swallow it you most certainly motherfucking will! You ruled the roost. You built something. You thought you were safe. I get it. But the word is out. You are not safe. Not even close. In fact, you are pegged, more pegged if you don't do what I want. And what I want is half your shit. And if that's too much, you can make, find, or steal more, and it'll even out sooner or later. This is your way of life now. The more you fight back, the harder it will be. So, if someone knocks on your door..," he laughed, chuckled in a sinister way that made Amelia's skin crawl. "...you let us in. We own that door. You try to stop us and we will knock it down. You understand?"

No one answered.

"What, no answer? You don't really think that you were gonna get through this without being punished, now, did you? I don't want to kill you people. Just want to make that clear from the get-go. I want you to work for me. You can't do that if you're dead, now, can you? I'm not growing a garden. But you killed my people, a whole damn lot of them. More than I'm comfortable with. And for that, for that you're gonna pay. So, now... I'm gonna beat the holy hell outta one of you. This-- this is Lucille," he gestured to his bat, pointing it in Rick's face before continuing to pace the lineup. "And she is awesome. All this, all this is just so we can pick out which one of you gets the honor."

Negan paced until he stopped in front of Carl. Amelia tried to ignore the way Negan taunted Carl, urging him to cry. He didn't, his face was brave. Angry.

"And you," Negan pointed his bat at Amelia. "I hear you didn't agree well with my people getting you in line. I mean, shit! Big guy over here? Took a bullet for you, so you must be something," he tutted. "I gotta tell you though, the blood, the stink eye you're giving me," he laughed, leaning back on his heels as he puffed out air. "Pretty badass. God Rick, do you just raise psychos?"