Index 1 episode 19

3rd pov

They all get comfortable, Accelerator shifting so he's got one leg resting on the ground, the other covering the couch, Last Order giddily taking the space against his chest, ignoring the way the albino tenses and simply shuffling to get comfortable. Yomikawa and Yoshikawa get comfortable in their chairs - one sitting normally, the other with her legs over one arm of the chair - as Touma, Mikoto and Index share a couch, the roommates squished onto one cushion, Mikoto taking the other. Heaven is lounging in his chair, entertained to find it has a leg rest.  

A fridge, a hand opening the door and pulling out Black no sugar coffee, and tossing it in a basket, before revealing Accelerator in his black shirt, eyes going back and forth between the fridge and the basket, coffee cans dropping in.

"You really need to cut down on the coffee." Yomikawa says, amused that this is something he'd done even before living with her.

"Shut up! It tastes good and I never see you drink anything other than coffee and water, so I don't want to hear it from you."

"Misaka agrees with Yomikawa, you need to eat more too. Misaka Misaka observes, recalling how you almost never eat."

"Just cause not every person eats a fuck ton of food, does not mean they are starving, you brat!"

It's night outside, a car driving past. The doors open and a teen walks out, bag in hand, heading to the left. Accelerator walking down the sidewalk, bag in hand, then from behind, feet and then a bat coming into view.

A man is revealed, letting out a yell and charging with his bat, swinging on Accelerator, the bat stopping before it hits his head, ripples going through the air, before the man is launched back, his bat hitting the ground and then him, the fingers from his hand broken. He curls up and clutches his hand, Accelerator paying him no mind.

'After losing a fight to that Kamijou guy, I seem to have lost my status as the strongest Esper in Academy city.'

"Wait, really? I didn't think it would lead to you being attacked everywhere! I just wanted to stop the experiment!"

"Yeah, but those assholes would've taken any sign of weakness and me losing to a level 0? Perfect excuse for them."

"How often did you get attacked?" Yoshikawa asks, curious.

"Every goddamn time I left the apartment. It was the worst. I haven't had to use my power that much in ages."

He keeps thinking as he continues moving, a group of thugs appearing in front of him. We see each of the thugs' faces, all grinning and gleeful. We catch a glimpse of the teen from between the thugs legs.

'I'm still a level 5 Esper.'

The thugs charge at him.

' And my abilities haven't lessened or changed at all.'

The frown on his face gets deeper, hands and limbs shown breaking. Accelerator stands in a circle of people, all with broken limbs.

'But no matter how many times I prove myself against them, these fools keep thinking they can challenge me.'

"Are they really that stupid? Why do they keep attacking you?" Mikoto asks in awe at how foolish people can be.

"I really don't know. I just wanted them to fucking stop. Assholes kept coming at me from every direction."

Accelerator starts walking away, his back being shown. One of the guys is still sitting, and turns, launching a green beam from his not broken hand, which hits the teens reflect, ripples yet again going through the air, before it gets redirected, exploding on the man. Accelerator looks troubled, annoyed.