Index 1 Episode 20

3rd pov

They don't bother moving, all far too comfortable, though the talk lingers in their mind, wondering what can be done to help the destroyed teenager, his eyes locked on the screen like it'll save him. 

The underside of a bridge, though it's all a brown color. A kid, not much older than 8 or so, charging and bringing his fist back. He's aiming at a kid with white hair and red eyes, about the same age. Or he would've, but his fist rebounds and he's sent flying, hitting the ground hard.

"Oh my god, is that baby Accelerator? You were adorable! Awwww."

"I wasn't a baby! And I certainly wasn't adorable! Stop with that face, Yomikawa."

"He really was a cute kid."

"Why was that other kid trying to hit you?"

"Who knows. I was used to it at that point."

They're all starting to hate those 8 or so words.

'Accelerator. That's me now.' A closer look at the white haired kid. 'But I used to have a normal name.' He blinks and then opens them. There are guys in suits, all of them trying to tackle the young boy. 'A first and last name, like everybody else.' They're repelled. Guns are cocked, in the hands of men in suits, all aimed at the same white haired boy. All of them open fire, but the bullets ricochet away. The guns are broken, the men recoiling.

"Wait, so you really don't remember it anymore? Not even the slightest bit?"

"Sorry to tell you, but there's nothing. I was referred to by my power more than my name while I was in the labs."

"Goddamn, how many kids were destroyed this way?"

The boy looks up, a helicopter flying above him where he stands on a bridge, sirens in the background. ' It wasn't even a particularly unusual name.' He turns to find tanks and armed men behind him on the street below. The tanks and men are serious, more than willing to open fire on him. The boy looks over them and smirks, closing his eyes. ' Ridiculous.'

Accelerator is still running, Yoshikawa's voice echoing in his head. 'The virus I've isolated is set to trigger at midnight tonight, September 1st. If it does activate, it'll run rampant. Spreading through the entire Misaka network-' A flashback to the girl collapsing at the restaurant table. '-and infecting all the Sisters.' Back to Accelerator running. 'Once that happens, there will be no stopping it. We'll be helpless.'

It's night now, the restaurant from before.

"What? A man in a lab coat?"

"He got her already, hmm? So, how's the big bad Esper going to go about rectifying his mistake? 

Accelerator standing with a waitress, the albino looking ready for a fight.

"Well, yes. He said he was related to her." They turn to look at the table Last Order sat at, the waitress looking nervous and concerned. "He was an uncle or something. So we thought it was ok to let her leave with him." A closer look at the two, the waitress looking even more distressed and Accelerator looking angry, his teeth grit." So um, is he an acquaintance of yours then?"

He calms himself quickly, turning to face her. A short flashback to Amai getting in his car. Accelerator grunts and closes his eyes.

"Wow, you really did hate Amai, didn't you?"

"Asshole got what was coming to him, and besides, we weren't too different, as much as I hate that."

"I have to disagree, but we'll see what the others think after this."