Index ll episode 17

3rd pov

They shuffle around, getting more comfortable. Accelerator has Touma and Mikoto cuddled up to him, with Index and Last Order resting on the three of them, in what looks like an uncomfortable tangle of limbs but they're all sharing looks so it can't be that bad. Yomikawa and Yoshikawa are sharing amused looks with Heaven, the women to the right of the cuddle pile and the doctor to the left, all of them recovering from the last thing they'd seen.

People crossing a bridge, some in a hurry but most casually talking with others as they went, quite a few dressed in school uniforms. A street, cars moving along, people walking around, the sun high in the sky and everything appearing to be a pretty good day. A window, brown hair and a white coat just barely seen, the tiny figure watching people on the sidewalk as they drive past. "Look, look, look, while we were in-" Last Order is shown to have her face almost against the window of the car, the blush still on her cheeks and fingers definitely against it. Her eyes are lit up, she's clearly having fun."-the hospital, everybody started wearing clothes with longer sleeves. Misaka observes from the window of the-"

"Oh? Are you finally out of the damn hospital? It only took you a couple of damn weeks. I was expecting you to be in there for months, with learning to move with a crutch, regaining strength, relearning your power as well as opening the wound up several times and the great damn finale of coming back even more injured." Mikoto deadpans, because honestly, he gets hurt almost as much as Touma and still says he's not a hero, anyone who believes him is a fuckin idiot or they've only seen him when he's fighting. 

"Honestly, Misaka sometimes doubted we would ever get to leave the hospital as well, mutters Misaka Misaka while staring at the one who continued to delay out discharge." Last Order is indeed looking up at the albino from her position half on his his lap and half on Mikoto's lap. 

"That's not fuckin fair and you damn well know it! Some of the bills I had to pay in the end of all that bullshit was because you destroyed some of the items in the fuckin kitchen and other shit! You delayed us just as much as me, ya little brat!" Accelerator protests immediately, because he knows damn well what the receipt he'd gotten had said, as well as exactly how much extra he'd had to pay due to her. 

"Did you really have the money to pay off all those bills and still be buying shit while you were there? Are you some kind of super rich fucker? Cause if so, I might need help with groceries and shit the next couple of months, since a few accidents have happened within the department and so our paychecks are being cut in order for them to repair or replace the lost equipment." Yomikawa muses, looking away from him with an awkward laugh when he levels her with an unimpressed look, clearly asking why she's bothering to even ask, but it still bothers her to have to ask someone 15 years of age to borrow money. 

"Why are you so cute like that?! And you were sent to the hospital in September, so you were in there for at least a month, if not longer since it's definitely colder if people are wearing long sleeves." Index muses, because honestly that's not long but she imagines it's probably later than that, sometime in October or something.

"Honestly, the two of you are just so damn cute, even if at least one of you will argue with that, and nothing that's said is ever going to change my fuckin mind." Yoshikawa says with an entirely amused grin, even if she looks a bit tired as well, because these kids will be the death of her.

"I was surprised he recovered so quickly, but even with his power only able to be activated and used for 15 minutes, he still healed faster due to them simply existing inside his body, even if he could not control them, because the body activated a sort of self restoration as soon as it sensed he was in danger of dying." Heaven says dryly, remembering very clearly his surprise at finding the young man awake and staring at him within a week of getting out of surgery, and up and moving within only a couple of days of that.