Index ll Episode 24

3rd pov

The next morning the first to wake are in fact the adults, though Last Order and Index are up pretty close after them, which leaves the woman responsible for attempting to cook breakfast, since the usual cookers are still asleep and there's no reason to wake children up for something like this.

Accelerator, Touma and Mikoto come charging in at the sound of an alarm, only to stop and regret everything as they take in the room. Index and Last Order are at the table, staring with wide, dead eyes at the stove, where Yomikawa is flailing in a bit of a panic, looking around, a smoking pan in front of her. Yoshikawa is beside her, cackling and flailing over her own pan, which is actually ablaze, Heaven walking past the three of them with a cup of coffee, deciding breakfast is not worth it.

After the three teens get everything under control and kick - as well as ban - the woman from the kitchen they make breakfast and simply bring it out to the other room, figuring they can each there, all of them noting the replenished snacks and drinks, before settling down to eat. It's quiet as they eat, but they get done quickly, the dishes being set aside on an empty space as they settle on the futons. Index and Last Order are shoved into the middle, Accelerator feeling a bit less people-y than usual, choosing to sit in a corner, while Touma and Mikoto settle on either side of the two youngest. Yomikawa and Yoshikawa settle on Touma's empty side, placing them closest to Accelerator and Heaven settles in the empty space left.

Accelerator, hand pressing a button on his choker, turning the light from red to green, a small grin on his face. The same alley as before, but there are tons of people tossed around and unconscious behind him, all of them alive but not getting up any time soon. "This place is a mess." He starts moving forward, sounding more amused than anything, conserving power as he goes. The sheets are still overing from above, nothing affecting them from the fights.

"Holy shit, there were that many of them?" Touma blinks because if all of those assholes had shown up, he's not certain he'd have been able to save or help Misuzu later on.

"Damn, you had no troubles, hmm?" Yomikawa has a grin on her face, because she notes there is no blood so he obviously has not killed yet.

"Aww, look at you being soft." Yoshikawa coos teasingly, cackling when the albino blushes red, though she's also proud because he's still making an effort despite not seeing Last Order.

"You are an extremely complex and soft person, you know that?" Index probes, teasing and not because he has a lot of different layers and she finds each one new, different and exciting.

"You really are saving every bit of your ability time, even despite having 30 minutes now." Heaven grins, glad the idiot is finally listening to his warnings, but not exactly happy it's because he had felt the effects of the battery dying.

"Misaka is so happy you are keeping your word, exclaims Misaka Misaka, knowing you are doing it so you can not lie to her when you reunite with this Misaka." Last Order is tearing up, wiping at her eyes, because her brother is really soft and thoughtful at times.

"Why the hell are there so many that actually challenged you?" Mikoto wonders how stupid people have to be in order to keep going even after watching him beat the ones before them. 

"Because they're stupid dipshits following orders and nothing more." Accelerator grumbles, crossing his arms and pouting just the slightest bit. 

"Looks like Musujime's met her quota for this mission." The albino doesn't look bothered, simply done, wanting to finish and go do his own thing now. "My turn." The excitement is not hidden or anything. He closes his eyes as he keeps moving, looking tired and ready to leave. "So many better ways I could spend my time." He's obviously bored already. "Then why don't we get this over with quickly?" The voice is new and rough, male and definitely older. Accelerator opens his eyes and looks up, to spot his target standing on a metal floor, likely unfinished construction.