Accelerator episode 12

3rd pov (A/N Changing some shit. They're all from after ww3 because fuck it. Worst was out with the Sisters and is also a hard as fuck character to write, so she is not here.)

The group shifts around a bit, Accelerator needing to stretch his leg out after sitting for so long. Yomikawa sits on one end of the futon, Accelerator's head in her lap, Last Order next to the woman, easily able to slump over and bury her face in the albino's torso if she wants. Yoshikawa is under his legs, gently stroking and massaging along his bad one in order to help it relax and relieve some of the pain. Touma and Mikoto are at her side, Index sprawled over both their laps, while Heaven is on the teenager's other side. Pillows are placed where they are useful, a few blankets being pulled down and the buckets nearby just in case.

Roots and vines, a huge one that probably holds a good amount of weight. "We're close." Esther is looking up, a few steps behind Accelerator, who is peering over his shoulder at her. He looks tired, bags under his eyes, but there's no darkness or anger in him right now, just a sort of thoughtful glint. "Isaac's main body is up there." Accelerator turns forward, grinning with no teeth or darkness, it makes him look cute, almost, though that might just be because he has not the energy to be evil and villainous and his mask right at the moment. "So, we finally reached it." His voice is rough and a bit cracky, anger in the tone, nothing like his face which looked calm.

"You look kind of handsome when you give actual smiles, though I'm really not liking the fact that you are too tired to completely pull together your mask right now, at least not on your face." Yomikawa mutters, petting the white hair on her lap, more than entertained by how soft it is.

"I don't like it either. At least you guys are close to the main body, but you're exhausted and running out of time, Hishigata is hurt, Esther and Houtou have been running around all over the place and fighting, while the Sister is injured and has used her power a bit as well. None of you are in top shape, this fight will not be all that easy." Yoshikawa muses, staring intently at the screen, because she really does not want any of them to get hurt, not in any way, but that's unavoidable in a fight with someone like the asshole.

"I really want to know how he managed to get the damn plant so big, after all it's got to be restricted at least a little by the surrounding buildings, right?" Touma groans, wondering how far the roots go underground as well as how spread they are, because the clean up for that as well as the construction probably took a while, especially with Hishigata's lab underneath.

"I don't think the battle is going to be kind to Accelerator or Esther in specific, they're the two who are going to be the worst off out of the entire group, since Hishigata has already accepted he's going to die. Accelerator's battle is low, he'll be in pain and after everything, I'm honestly expecting him to collapse. Esther will be losing a best friend, again, once they succeed, because there's no way losing the charm will not set free the spirit of the person who was, since that is entirely the reason Houtou was revived." Mikoto sighs heavily, can only imagine the grief and sadness and horror and pain that is going to swamp the blonde, as well as the numbness level of exhaustion that will hit the albino.

"I think I might have an idea of what happened, but I'm not saying a word since I won't be able to either way. Accelerator, you need to be more careful with yourself, because I am surprised you're still standing right now as it is." Heaven scolds the teen, who simply gives him a look - it's not a pout, it's not - before returning it to the screen.

"For you to be so close to his body, I can only hope that means this will be a quick thing, because if you don't hurry, he might yet finish his evolution." Index moans, already dreading having to listen to the man if he manages to succeed in evolving, though honestly it still won't be as bad as if it were in person.