Index ll episode 22

3rd pov

The next morning, they all wake a bit early, nervous and worried over what might happen between the albino and the researcher who knows how to actually hurt him,  while Accelerator himself is more than ready to see what the fuck happened after the battery died, because he can't remember shit about it.

The noir, albino and middle school girl are the ones to make breakfast, two of the three trying to make the third stop putting so much weight on a bad leg and crutch so early in the morning. They set the table and all of them eat pretty quickly - for them, at least - and then head into the other room, settling down quickly. Mikoto is in the middle, wanting to be close to both boys, her idiot brothers, Accelerator on her left and Touma on her right. Index and Last Order settle over the three of their laps.

Heaven sits on Touma's other side, gently moving Index's legs to do so, while Yomikawa and Yoshikawa settle on Accelerator's other side, all of them grabbing drinks, not quite hungry just yet. 

Accelerator looks dead tired, the darkness around him making his eyes appear almost empty, the blue light from earlier still in the background, seen through a window. He doesn't look angry or anything, simply blank, but his gaze is focused straight ahead of him. 'I'm down to sixty seconds of control time.' He sounds a bit panicked, a bit worried, and largely like he's planning something. Kihara is standing across from him, a small smirk resting on his face, clearly he's enjoying this. 'But as long as I kill this guy, it'll all be over.' His tone gets a bit rougher, perhaps not wanting to kill, but willing to do it anyways.

"Shit, that little? How the hell are you going to get that asshole down in that time?" Touma groans, hating that his brother has to even bother with things like that, because there has to be something that can be done, but with so little time, it'll be hard.

"Oh fuck, I don't want to even believe you might not win, but I kind of really doubt it, not with so little time and the beating you have already taken. Even immersed in the dark as you are, I think you'll have troubles." Mikoto glares, because she really hates that he's had to use so much of his damn battery, but more so she's scared because he has a minute to take out a man who can counter him and get Last Order to safety, not to mention the damn virus.

"There's no way you win...I hate to say it, but there is no way in hell that you are going to win, not with everything you have to do in order to make sure the kid is safe, you dumbass." Yoshikawa is already shaking a bit, because there's so much for this idiot to try and do in order to get Last Order safe and he can't manage that in a minute's time. No way.

"I really wish I had the chance and ability to increase the time you can use it, as well as how well it works, but it's experimental, new, I can only do so much." Heaven moans, but he's already thinking up new ways to help with the choker and battery, things that'll hopefully help.

"Shit, I don't like where this is going. Accelerator, at least tell me you get him in the end, because damn will he absolutely deserve it." Yomikawa has a hand on the idiot's shoulder, her grip loose, but sure to grow tighter as shit happens on the screen.

"Misaka is not sure you will be able to do anything...mutters Misaka Misaka reluctantly, because she knows your limits just as well as you do, if not better." Last Order is biting at her lip like she does not want to say the words but knows they are the truth and she refuses to lie.

"Well good grief. Things are not great and everything is still going on everywhere else, you know, you have some really shitty and confusing luck, yeah?" Index inquires, fingers rubbing between her eyebrows because she remembers coming in much later, after his battery had for sure died and dealt with the virus for him.

"It's not my fault, finding the kid and taking care of everyone that came after me required use of my power, I tried my hardest to conserve that shit, but there was a damn limit to what I could not use it for and it was not nearly enough, alright? Besides, I fucking have her, don't I?" Accelerator groans, because he knows that he is in fact just barely going to win and certainly not in his right mind, because he barely remembers this, everything becoming blurry, and shit after his battery dies out.