Accelerator episode 9

3rd pov

They decide to shift, all of them moving back to one couch, which easily grows longer to accommodate them - and they do not notice -  switching around how they're sitting. Touma is in the middle, with Accelerator curled up on his left side, since the noir had refused to let the albino leave, with Last Order resting gently on Accelerator's lap. Besides him are Yomikawa, Yoshikawa and then Mikoto. On Touma's other side, Index is cuddled into his side, with Heaven resting beside her, all of them comfortable and turning their attention to the screen, though Yomikawa gently wraps an arm around her older kids, ignoring the look Touma gives her, as well as the slight glare leveled at her. 

'I knew it was nothing more than a mental leash to keep my cooperation. False hope to keep me in line. The room is read, a single small area showing light. 'But, even so...' An image of Hirumi when she was alive, smiling happily and holding flowers. The image starts moving, revealing it is a video. "I'd really appreciate it if my death is not in vain. I'm counting on you, Esther. And you too brother." 'Even so, I couldn't give up without making sure. I had to try.' Her knife is glowing red, as is the circle she has carved into the wooden floor, light coming off it easily. She's got her hands stretched out towards it but is not touching, clearly giving her energy to it. Esther is staring intently, light shining showing the green of the tree, revealing that it must be morning. "Esther! Promise me, Esther. If I ever need anything-" The voices of the past ring of her head, Hirumi of the past, as she once was, as she rests on her knees, the circle gone, Houtou staring at the blonde in worry. "-swear you'll do it-" Esther reaches forward, grabbing the knife. "-for me, Esther." The blonde rises to her feet, knife in hand.

"Damn, all that time and she was trying to finish this blade? It must be pretty damn important in order to beat the two fuckos you're about to face if she spent so much time finishing it. Honestly, I'm a bit disturbed that such a sweet looking girl like Hirumi would try to manipulate Esther that way, especially since it's pretty obvious they were close in some way. God, this just makes me want to protect you so much more." Touma sighs, because this does not bode well for them. What the hell is that blade supposed to do? Is it something specifically for the evil spirit charms that appears to be in every coffin Hishigata uses?

"Fuckin brat, spending her time doing all of this, for that blade? I understand why, after all I was there for everything, but for it to take that damn long and for her to trust me that much after knowing me for such a short ass time? Dumbass." Accelerator complains with a tired voice, clearly he had gotten tired and done with Esther's bullshit pretty quick, though he had also had to deal with her in person, so that's fair. 

"That knife had better actually do it's job or else I'll kick some fuckin ass!" Mikoto threatens, because that knife is the thing that will hopefully help safe her Sister and the idiot she's starting to see as a brother.

"The blade of Emperor Shin? I think that would work, though my studies weren't really in that area I was always interested in old legends and such..."Yoshikawa mutters, trying to figure out the blondes plan.

She stares at the knife, the red glow along the design in the middle, clearly it's done. "Once I use Emperor Shin's blade, Hirumi..." She sounds like she's going to break, but otherwise, she is determined to do this, clearly this is important to her. "Hirumi will..." She closes her eyes, obviously trying to brace herself for it. Houtou speaks up from the ground, the railing level with her chest. " It appears as though you're crying, Adonai." Esther jolts a bit. "I'm not." Her voice is soft, breathy, but she does not appear to be crying. "Why would I... do that?" She's clearly trying to build herself with those words, in order to ensure she does not hesitate later. 

"Oh no... She so desperately wants to safe the girl, but she knows that as soon as she does that, the friend she had will be gone, no longer existing in any way, and even if she's aware Hirumi would probably not be happy living the way she is - I know for certain I would not be happy to live that way - it must still hurt a lot to have to kill a friend." Yomikawa murmurs, a hand on her heart, feeling the girl's pain, because that hits close to home.