Index lll episode 16

3rd pov

They all shift a bit, Yomikawa pulling down a blanket to get comfortable under, the rest just in general getting as comfortable as possible. With a sigh and slightly happy groan, Accelerator shifts his bad leg which while it aches, is no where near as bad as it could be and he will deal with this easily. He really is not looking forward to the embarrassment they are going to pelt him with, even if they won't mean it... some of the time. 

A nice hotel room, more men in black standing all together on one side. "When are we supposed to join Staphanie?" There are 6 in black all together standing in a circle, nothing of utmost importance anywhere near them. "Will she be giving us a signal?" A gin shot goes off nearby, all of them reacting immediately, with gasps and pulling their guns up. They all aim at either a wall or a door. The one in front in particular is paying close attention. "Is that B team on the roof?" He doesn't get an answer as whatever they were looking at gets destroyed inward, the debris hitting them as they grunt in pain. Smoke covers the room for a moment, only to start settling and through it, Accelerator can just barely be seen, an unimpressed look on his face.

"Where the hell are you now?" Yomikawa would almost be impressed by his ability to travel the city, if she could keep track of his stupid little ass.

"How fucking high up are you?" Touma hates heights to a certain degree, and just the thought of standing like that above ground... no.

"Who the hell is Stephanie?" Mikoto really hates all these mentions of people she feels she should know but there's nothing more coming to mind from the name so she places it aside...for now.

"Misaka hopes you are going to feel better, mutters Misaka Misaka, upset that you feel not great and no one can help, especially since you are needed for this mission." Last Order pouts lightly, uncertain why they couldn't have one of the others attempt this, but she also understands it.

"A smart choice, coming from such an unconventional entrance." Index nods, glad to see the albino being smart in his fights, because she has no doubt he was smart before at full power, but being limited on time and strength, he has to be smart, clever and sly about how he uses his ability and time.

"I really wish you could get a break, because we've been seeing you be awful active at night when you should at least be trying to sleep a little, you fucking shit." Yoshikawa frowns at the implications, because the rest of GROUP are also up and several have family or friends that might worry.

"This won't end well for them." Heaven can already tell that nothing is going to go well for these assholes, though he can't say he feels much sympathy at this point since they had kidnapped children.

"Oh, fuck, it was this goddamn day and everything." Accelerator groans, because he had been hoping it might spare him at least a little, but no dice for him. 

He has a small grin, curving only one side of his mouth, before it turns into a full blown grin, laughter coming from him as he lets darkness come freely, still in his control. One of the men is recovering, on his ass and wobbling a bit. "Hey, this is the 28th floor!" He sounds like he's reminding the teen of that or perhaps trying to understand. A pale hand comes down and grabs his collar, easily picking him up despite his armor and weight. Accelerator holds the man by his throat, looking slightly amused, while 2 other men rise, only their backs seen. "What do I care?" The tone is nonchalant and relaxed. With a simple shift, he turns and throws the man at one of the others, wind with increased power helping until they both hit the wall and crater it.

Yoshikawa doesn't even bother trying to speak through her laughter, because that was not the response she had expected despite being well aware the little shit is sassy and sarcastic on a good day, never mind one where he's struggling a bit. Yomikawa is right there with her, wheezing and cradling her abdomen because goddamn, that had come from almost the left field for all the relevance it had.