Should've listened, hm?

3rd pov

When the doc had told them to watch out for Accelerator getting sick, they had thought they were prepared for what that might mean, especially since he had never been sick before, his reflect even getting germs and bacteria away, since they could cause all sorts of issues. They had tried to make sure to clean everything so nothing could potentially get to him, and if they were sick, they stayed away from everyone else as much as possible, but they had not expected what they were presented with the day it happened. It had been a pretty normal day, which is why all of them later feel guilty, because not a single one of them had seen the albino all morning, despite the fact he was usually up pretty early, but not a single damn one of them - not even Yoshikawa, who leaves earlier than most to reach interviews on time and usually sees him - had seen him when they call her later.

They would've checked on him, but Touma and Mikoto have exams they can not afford to miss and they're already running late, so they scramble around for food and their bags, before racing out the doors. (They are extremely grateful the house was built close to their schools.) Index has a shift today so she hurries to get ready, Last Order by her side since she's going to drop the girl off with her and they are a few minutes behind because she had not woken at the right time. Yomikawa has inspections coming up and has long since left, while Yoshikawa had been gone for hours for interviews and the hopes of getting a job. None of them have a chance to check on the albino, with Worst not even home, having spent the night at a co-workers since she was so tired and trusted the person. Not a single one had the time to check on the albino, let alone even notice in their hurry, that he was not up, not even in the living room or anything. The door slams closed behind Index and Last Order, silence following as the only occupant struggles in their room.

Accelerator had known something was wrong as soon as he woke up, feeling extremely cold despite the blanket drawn all the way up to his shoulders, his head hurt and ached any time he moved, his neck stiff, breathing is hard, like something is resting on his chest, and his joints hurt, ache more accurately. He knows there's something he's supposed to do, but his head hurts, he's so damn cold and he's fucking tired, so he moves back under the blanket, gets comfortable and slips right back into sleep, completely unaware of his ever worsening condition, his face an alarming red, sweat all along his face, his breathing wheezy and weak, even in sleep. The house remains silent and empty for several hours, the albino's state steadily getting worse, his breathing more wheeze then air, his face a red far too bright, the sweat has stopped, meaning no more liquid is available for him to sweat out and he's not woken once since the morning, his body is failing him at this point.

Mikoto is the first one to arrive home, having finished her exams pretty quickly and leaving early afterwards, getting there shortly after 1, and heading towards the kitchen to get some food, only to blink in surprise, perhaps even a bit of fear when she sees no dishes and - perhaps more damning - not a single coffee can anywhere. She rushes upstairs, not giving a damn about anything - noting that the albino is not on the couch either - and slams the door to his room open, which only increases her worry and fear, as she spots his red face, hears the wheeze of him breathing and notes that he does not appear to have moved in ages. She hurries forward, a hand gently reaching for his head, feeling his temperature and trying to wake him. "Accelerator? Hey, come on, it's time to get up." She winces as she withdraws her hand, he's way too hot, and nothing she's doing is waking him, but she's more concerned with the little bit of sweat she felt near his hairline, given it means he was at one point, but isn't anymore. Damnit, the hospital is the only option she has at the moment.

With a growl, Mikoto hurries to get the albino on her back, keeping him covered with the blanket simply to conceal his identity and uses her electricity to dial Heaven's number and put it on speaker, magnetically holding it in the air by her ear as she races from the house.(Accelerator may have gained some weight, but he's still far from the ideal weight and he is only taller than her at this point, which she is managing because he's curled up under his blanket.) "Hello?-" The doctor's voice is a welcome one. "Heaven, I'm bringing Accelerator in. He's sick, and probably has been since this morning. I just got back home, we all left in a rush this morning, so no one else was even aware of this." She knows she sounds panicked and worried and fucking scared, but can't bring herself to change that. "Alright dear, what was his temperature, how does he sound and is he sweating?" Heaven is calm, even as he hurries out of his office and flags down a couple of nurses to help him, heading for the lobby. "Uh, he's not sweating anymore, his breathing is more wheezing than anything and his temperature was high, but I didn't bother checking it since getting him to the hospital seemed more important." She hesitates, but knows it was likely the right choice and feels no remorse in that she doesn't know his exact temperature.