Index lll episode 20

3rd pov

The next morning they were all slow to wake up and start moving, though they let the albino get all the sleep he needs, since they have a feeling this one will not be easy on him in any way, not after everything they saw last. They talk quietly and make sure they are prepared to be there for him for anything that happens, because this is not something they will accept. (The table in the other room fills with fresh snacks, drinks, tissues and anything else they might need for this.)

Accelerator wakes last, grabbing his crutch and limping slowly and heavily into the kitchen, where he eats slowly, eating very little and drinking most coffee, taking the pills from his pocket and staring at them for a moment before actually taking them. 

They all head into the screen room, sparing concerned looks for the albino who ignores them and heads for the futon because he just wants to sit, gets this over with and have some goddamn cuddles, ok? Last Order and Index claim his lap, settling on while Touma and Mikoto settle on both sides of him, getting comfortable and helping support half of the smaller twos weight. Yomikawa and Yoshikawa settle on the floor in front of the albino's legs, wanting to be close enough to touch but not mess with the cuddle pile, while Heaven just settles beside Mikoto. 

The Sister opening her eyes with a grunt, blood still covering her chin, but no longer is the blood behind her stained red. She sits up with a strained grunt, before reaching back with her right arm to feel at her head, blood still on her chest and thigh, some snow stained red by her thigh. She lowers her hand with a faint huff, which has only a bit of red on it, nowhere near what it was. 'The bleeding has stopped.' She looks surprised, staring at her hand. 'But why?' She sounds confused, so confused, like this is not something she ever thought would happen. 'Misaka should not have survived that attack.' She sounds faint and in pain as she gets further into the thought. She looks up with a faint gasp, something catching her attention.

"You did it?" Touma is excited, because it proves that he can in fact use his powers to actually heal others.

"What did you do?" Heaven is concerned because he most definitely healed her well, extremely well, but if he did anything wrong he might've just made her a ticking time bomb.

"Shit yes." Yomikawa celebrates, because even though he was pissed and slightly out of his mind, he still saved Worst despite anything.

"Accelerator..." Yoshikawa breathes in awe and love warming her chest, because he saved her even after all the damage she had managed to do to him mentally.

"Hell yes! You saved her." Mikoto has tears in her eyes, so damn glad that he had proven he will stick to his word at keeping them safe.

"She's ok, mutters Misaka, wondering how much you used of the battery in order to do that." Last Order looks so worried, because he is still on a time limit, despite everything.

"You are such a strong person..." Index murmurs in awe, because she's not certain but she is starting to see what might make him good angel material and it is extremely amazing, considering everything.

"I am not entirely certain anymore, because I was not really there all in my mind, so..." Accelerator shrugs his shoulders, like he had not just admitted he was still not alright despite everything that he had done.

Accelerator is standing a few feet in front of her, perfectly still, the base farther back past him, Last Order nowhere in sight. 'Impossible. There's no way he would save Misaka.' She gets to her feet as she thinks this, sounding frantic and like her entire world was thrown out of whack by his action. He still has not moved, his cheek bruised and dirty from where she stepped on him. He looks up, but his eyes are still covered by his bangs, with a faint gasp, perhaps a sigh would be more accurate. "What's wrong?' Her bangs cover her eyes, and she appears to be limping. 'What reason do you have to-' Her eyes are angry as she tries to get her answer. '-protect this Misaka?"