Two.

"Let's add another riff to the bridge," Auden said into the mic.

"You got it," Jordan replied.

Auden had been in the studio for a couple hours now. It was nearly ten o'clock. They would probably work late into the morning. But Auden didn't mind. Some of her best ideas came at one in the morning. Sleep deprived, and her veins pumping with coffee.

Auden hit the record button on her desktop, and the swell of pop music reverberated through the studio. Jordan Wander was the newest upcoming pop star in the industry. Making his way onto the billboard one hundred. A couple weeks ago his agents contacted Auden about getting some help creating him a new song.

Jordan sang into the mic, and Auden closed her eyes, bobbing her head to the beat. Jordan had a pretty good voice, not too low, not too high. He did well staying on pitch, so her corrective work would be minimal.

"Hows it going in here?"

Auden startled, her swivel chair sliding back a couple inches as she jumped.

"Lina, what are you doing here?"

Auden's boss Lina Summers came walking into the studio. She was dressed as neatly and professional as her personality.

She wore an expensive pant suit and blouse. Her dark black hair was cropped short around her pale face and dark brown eyes. Even at ten at night she managed to look like a million bucks. Lina was the owner of Slowave Studios. She was a determined, tough woman that produced some of the biggest and best hits in the industry.

"It's going well, we're almost done with Loveless, then we will move onto Ride Away." Auden stopped the recording, and Jordan's voice sounded through the studio speakers.

"How was that?"  he asked.

"Perfect, why don't you come back in?" Auden said.

A shuffling was heard from inside the mic shack and then Jordan came walking back into the studio.

"Lina, I didn't know you were coming." Jordan's eyes widened in surprise at the sight of Auden's boss standing by the recording table.

"Oh, I'm just checking in. I needed to talk to Auden. Is it okay if I pull her aside for a moment?"

"Take your time, I need a coffee anyway." Jordan smiled, flipping his shaggy hair out of his eyes before walking out the door. "Need anything, Auden?" he asked just before completely walking out.

"I'm good, thanks."

Jordan left the room and Auden was alone with Lina, the silence suddenly deafening.

"What did you need to talk to me about?" Auden pretended to occupy herself with some cutting and splicing on the screen. Her mouse clicked in the silence.

"I got a call this morning."

Auden continued to look at the screen, unsure why Lina was dragging out the conversation. Auden started to sweat but did her best to remain nonchalant as she stared at the screen. Lina could be pretty brutal sometimes. She expected things from Auden. As her youngest employee, she wasn't supposed to embarrass the company or do anything to taint its name. Auden knew Lina expected a lot from her by allowing her to be one of their head song writers and producers and she tried her best to never disappoint her.

"From who?"

"HYBE Entertainment."

Auden's fingers froze on the keys. She whipped around, giving her boss the most wide-eyed shocked expression she could muster.

"Excuse me? Did you just say HYBE?"

Lina's lips pursed trying to hide a smile.

"Lina, please explain right now." Auden jumped up from her chair, reaching out to grip Lina's arm like it was a lifeline.

HYBE Entertainment was one of the biggest talent agencies in Korea. They produced the greatest K-pop groups in the world. The most famous at the moment being BTS.

"They reached out to me about a possible collaboration."

"What? What kind of collaboration?"

The door opened and Jordan came back in, holding two coffee's in his hand. I mentally cursed the music gods for their timing.

"I got you one just in case," he said, setting it on my desk.

Auden gave him a forced smile, then looked at Lina expectantly still waiting for her to say something.

Lina appraised Jordan who was heading back into the mic shack and pursed her lips, still trying to hide her smile. Her boss rarely tried to fight smiles like that.

"We will talk tomorrow."

"But Lina—" Auden tried to argue, needing to know what she was going to say with every fiber of her body.

"Tomorrow," she said, giving me a stern look. It must have been pretty secretive if she wasn't willing to say it in front of Jordan.

Auden nodded, more than a little disappointed. Lina left the studio then and Auden turned back to her computer screen, speaking into the mic.

"Alright Jordan, let's do this." For the first time in her life Auden wanted to get out of the studio as fast as possible.

A\N:

This is honestly so fun to write! I'm a published author actually, but haven't felt able to write fan fiction due to my main audience being fantasy lovers. I thought I'd start this fanfic under a pen name and write to my hearts content. So far its bringing me so much joy!

Read on to find out how Jimin plays into Auden's story!

~Sasha