Twenty-Four

One word came to Auden's mind when she opened the door.

Stunning.

He was stunning. Arguably the most gorgeous human being she'd ever laid eyes on.

He wasn't even dressed all that fancy. He wore a simple white button up that was loose at the collar, black pants and black shoes. His hair was slicked back from his face showing more forehead than usual which for some reason Auden found ridiculously sexy.

And Auden had the brief thought that she could never possibly compare to this man before her.

"Hey," he said, smiling at her instantly when she opened the door.

"Hey," she responded a little breathlessly.

"You look beautiful," he said, appraising her outfit, causing her cheeks to burn as he looked her up and down for a moment. "I like the outfit."

"Thanks. I like yours too." Auden couldn't help that her eyes flitted down to the small section of chest he was revealing. He'd undone just enough buttons to spur Auden's imagination.

The awkward shyness she was emanating was unlike her usual self but he didn't seem to mind. Actually he smiled wider at her as if finding her sudden shyness endearing.

"Come on, let's go to dinner," he said holding his hand out to her.

Auden hesitated for a moment looking at his outstretched hand. She noticed a variety of rings gracing a his adorable fingers and debated weather she should take his hand or not. It felt like if she did this was confirming everything she felt.

He waited patiently for her. As if he knew this was a pivotal moment for her. Right there. In the hallways of their apartment complex.

Then taking a deep breathe she decided that she couldn't lie to herself anymore and reached out to take his hand.

"Lead the way."

***

Han drove the two of them to the restaurant. Hitman Bang was meeting them there so the ride over was just her and Jimin in the back seat.

Auden had sat in the back of the car with Jimin before but never had she felt like there was a charged electric current between them. And at any moment she worried she might get electrocuted by the amount of tension passing between them.

He held her hand the whole way, not once easing up on his grasp. He kept looking over at her, a small smile playing on his lips the entire ride.

They remained fairly quiet in terms of conversation, the butterflies in Auden's stomach making it hard to speak or even breathe at times. It felt like forever since she'd seen him, even though their movie night had only been a couple days ago.

When they arrived at the restaurant Auden was a little bit relieved to be out of the small enclosed space. Having Jimin so close was disorienting, she needed fresh air before she did something stupid like kiss his adorable cheeks, or worse, his full lips that were entirely too kissable.

Pull it together, Auden told herself.

She didn't know why these emotions were hitting her full force. But she guessed it was because she'd let her guard down, finally stopped lying to herself, and now her mind knew it was free from her self denial and was taking all the liberties of making her overthink and feel things for him she most definitely had been suppressing. It was more than Auden was prepared for.

The restaurant they arrived at looked really nice and thankfully it appeared pretty quiet considering it was a Saturday night.

"Are we going to get attacked by paparazzi if we go here tonight?" Auden asked him.