Twenty-Seven

Returning to Slowave Studios didn't go exactly how Auden imagined it would. She stepped into the building for the first time in months and a sort of nostalgia washed over her. She'd forgotten how much she missed coming into work everyday. 

When she entered Linda's office she definitely wasn't expecting balloons or cake or the other staff members to be huddled together while shouting surprise upon her walking in. 

"Surprise! Welcome back!" 

Everyone was wide eyed and a little bit eager to see her and Auden stood frozen in the doorway for a moment. Her eyes zeroed in on her boss's desk where the cake rested, blue frosting letters reading WELCOME BACK across the top of it. 

"Thank you," she said awkwardly as someone she didn't really know hugged her. 

"We heard you left early because you finished the album already. Great job," Rita, the girl that ran the front desk and answered phone calls said. 

"Bang Si-hyuk told us about your early departure. How was it?" Linda asked, coming over to give her a hug as well and look at her with the same excited expression as everyone else. She felt like she as in an alternate universe. Instead of being the rookie producer trying to get to the top she was being treated like some sort of celebrity after working with HYBE.

"It was very. . .enlighitng," Auden said, forcing a smile to her face. "I figured I"d come back though and start working again considering we finished what we needed to do." 

Auden had messaged Hitman Bang the day after leaving, explaining to him that she was no longer going to be staying at the apartment and was leaving early. He didn't ask further questions, he simply said he was sorry he didn't get to say goodbye and told Auden how happy he was he got to work with her. 

He sent her the last paycheck only two days ago. And Auden still felt empty even though she was richer than she'd ever been in her life. 

"Well we are so glad to have you back. So many new client have joined the studio after hearing you worked with a HYBE entertainment," Linda gushed and everyone around the room nodded. 

Auden gave nerves laugh. "You know I'm not allowed to tell you guys who it is right?" 

Everyone's faces fell a little. As if they were hoping she'd spill which artist she'd had the opportunity to write songs for. 

"Back to work people, Auden needs to get settled in now," Linda said, shooing everyone out of her office. Disappointed looks were sent her direction as they all left. 

When they were finally alone in her office again Linda sat at her desk and motioned for Auden to take a seat across from her.  

"I'm happy to have you back Auden. Things haven't been the same without you." 

"I'm happy to be back to," Auden said, feeling a little rattled now that she was returning to real life. It felt like everything that had happened with Jimin was some sort of distant dream. 

"How do you feel about jumping back into things?" 

"I'm ready to take a project as soon as possible," Auden quickly said, needing to get her mind off of everything that had happened to her. 

"Good," Linda grinned, obviously pleased with her eager answer. "I'll meet you down in the studio then." 

Auden nodded and got up to leave Linda's office. The other Slowave employees were still waiting outside her boss's office door and Auden awkwardly pushed past them so she could head into the recording room down the hall.