Forty-Three

They entered the dark hotel room, the news of Jimin's brother's surgery heavyily weighing in the air. 

They said there was very big chance he would be alright, but there was still that small five percent that was making Auden's chest hurt. 

What if something happened? What if it wan't just routine procedure and they found more cancer? Or something terrible happened in the surgery. 

Auden set their items from the store on the chair beside the bed. They'd had to stop to get clothes and toiletries because they didn't have any with them when they'd left the states.

Auden turned to look at Jimin. He looked as if he were thinking the same things as her. And her heart hurt. 

"Jimin, he's going to be okay," Auden said, trying to sound confident.

"There's still a small chance that he won't be," his jaw clenched and Auden struggled to watch him be so heartbroken. It was like his wings had been cut off, and he was crumbling. Her angel no longer bright and happy. 

"A bigger chance that everything will be just fine though," she said. 

He nodded, heading towards the bathroom. "I'm gunna shower." 

He needed space. She could feel it. So she gave it to him. 

She sighed aloud when the door shut behind him and the sound of the running water came on. Auden got dressed in her pajamas and she texted Emmie an update. Telling her she was in Korea and that she wouldn't be able to call for a couple days. She promised to fill her in on everything when she got back and then she turned her phone on silent. 

Auden with a heavy mind went over to the window, overlooking the beautiful city of Busan. There was only a dim lamp on in the room so she could clearly see the night lights below untainted. This was where Jimin was from.  She wanted to discover everything about where he grew up. She wanted to unveil this side of him and his past. She'd learned a lot about him over the last several months, but she knew there were lots more things she had yet to discover. She hoped she'd have a lifetime to study him, to get to know every single piece of him. 

She hadn't realized how long she'd been standing at the window until the door to the bathroom opened again, signaling Jimin's exist from the shower. 

She didn't turn around, she continued to stare out at the city, lost in thought. And then she felt his arms wrap around her waist, his lips coming down to taste the soft spot on her right shoulder. 

She gasped at the sensation of his kiss and then he was turning her around. She found he was only in a towel. His skin still fresh with water droplets from the shower, and his blond hair dripping. She looked up into his dark eyes to find desperation in them, he appeared unguarded. . . almost wild. She'd never seen such an expression in his eyes before. 

"Jimi—" she didn't get to finish. He kissed her roughly, his hands reaching up to cup her face. He pulled her close to his warm misted body, and the way his lips moved on hers was just as desperate as the expression she'd seen seconds before. 

She let out a soft whimper at the sudden intense kiss and reached up to grip his bicep—trying to find support as her head spun. He let out a guttural sound in the back of his throat and then he was turning her around, and the back of her knees met the bed.  

"Jimin," Auden said, against his wet lips, pulling back so she could look up at him. 

There was nothing but heavy breathing for several seconds. 

"I need this," Jimin said, the agony in his voice evident. "I need you," he finished in a whisper. 

Auden didn't hesitate to give him what he wanted. He could've asked anything of her and she would've done it for him.