Sixteen.

The fear Auden had felt when she'd gotten the call about Emmie, had been incomprehensible.

Emmie was her best friend. The only person in the world she could truly confide in no matter what the situation. Emmie was closer to her than her parents.

Auden had never really lost anyone. She'd lost grandparents and a distant uncle but they hadn't been close to her. So when she'd gotten the call from the hospital, a fear unlike anything she'd felt before had seized her body and threatened to never let go.

Auden knew it was all her fault when she rushed down to Han and he started driving her to the hospital. She knew it was her fault as a numbness spread through her body, freezing her very muscles and bones. She knew it was all her fault, and it felt like she was living in a nightmare.

A fan had attacked her friend. Someone had found out that Emmie was close to her, and on her way to the university someone had tried to hit her. 

Auden let out a hiccuping sob, unable to get the image of a car trying to run over her best friend.

Auden had been so worried about her parents she hadn't even thought to call Emmie. And the guilt was all consuming. Why had she assumed Emmie was alright? Maybe it was because of the consistent stream of texts. Whatever the reason, Auden had never felt so awful. If she'd only thought to warn her sooner. The moment she read that creepy text she should've told Emmie.

She couldn't stop the panicked quivering of her body as she sat in the back of the SUV, counting down the minutes until they arrived at the hospital.

The doctor had said that Emmie had gotten out of the way quick enough that only her arm had gotten nicked by the car. And by some incredible odds the car had only been going ten miles an hour. She had a broken arm, and bumped her head a little but other than that the doctor assured Auden that Emmie was doing well. They were only keeping her overnight at the hospital as a precaution.

Auden's tears were mainly because of what could've happened.

It could've been so much worse.

And that thought was too much for Auden to handle.

"I've called Mr. Park, and he's on his way to the hospital."

Auden looked up, meeting Han's eyes in the review mirror.

"He's coming to the hospital?" she asked, stunned. "But what if someone follows—"

"Don't worry, Miss. We have it handled."

"He doesn't need to come," Auden said. There was a very real possibility that Emmie would have a heart attack that night too if she saw Jimin in person. "Actually make sure he doesn't come, Emmie won't be able to handle it."

"He's already on his way, and he was very insistent. I'm sorry, Miss Tremaine." Han gave her an apologetic look and Auden knew it was useless to keep trying to argue.

The hospital came into view a couple minutes later, and she was nearly consumed with worry again for her friend.

When they came upon the emergency entrance Auden already had the door open and was getting out before the car even came to a full stop.

She rushed inside, Han desperately trying to catch up to her.

She arrived at the nurse's station and she felt like she'd stepped into one of those movies where the family members begged to see their injured loved one while the nurses told them that they weren't allowed to see them.

So help her, if the nurse tried to stop her. . .

"I need to see Emmie Johnson," Auden said. "We're family," she quickly added.