Thirty-Two

Shivers coursed down her spine as his breath fell across her neck.

"Don't stop, baby."

Despite his plea, her fingers were unable to keep the rhythm with his unexpected closeness and she accidentally pressed a couple wrong keys, disrupting the melody.

"Am I distracting you?" he asked, while pressing a kiss against her neck and Auden's head titled to the side to allow him more access.

"Yes," she said breathlessly.

He chuckled, and moved to sit down on the bench beside her. His hair was still wet from the shower, falling in strands across his forehead. He smelled incredible, his familiar musk mixed with vanilla, overwhelming the space between them.

"How's your cheek?" he asked, gently touching the pink splotch below her eye.

"It honestly doesn't hurt that much," she assured him, and he looked relieved.

"Play for me," he urged suddenly. And she hesitated, not used to playing the piano in front of people. It was one thing to play alone when she was creating a song. But she wasn't a performer. Not anymore.

"I don't know. . ."

"The song you were writing for me. Play that one."

She looked up at him, confusion furrowing her brow. "The song I wrote for you?"

He smiled. "I know you were writing one for me. I even put my own lyrics to it."

She thought back to that little piece of paper with his hand writing on it, and her heart fluttered.

"Why did you add lyrics?"

"Because obviously you were stuck and needed help," he teased.

"I don't like writing songs about my feelings," she said quietly.

"Why not?" he pressed, touching the piano keys lightly and letting the notes ring softly throughout the room.

"It's too personal."

He brushed her hair back from her face and looked at her thoughtfully.

"I'll help you," he said gently.

"Will you now?" She raised a skeptical eyebrow. "I thought you weren't writing songs."

"Maybe I found my muse," he said and she couldn't help It, she blushed. "Play for me," he urged again. And this time she listened.

With a sigh she put her fingers on the keys and closed her eyes. She tried not to be nervous as she began playing the melody she'd written for him.

Naturally the lyrics came and she started to sing the first verse.

I wanna be with you
And I wanna stay with you
Just like the stars shining bright
You're glowing once more

She didn't have the most amazing voice in the world. But she could carry a tune alright. He picked up on the melody quickly, and began singing the next verse with her.

Right here beside you I'm still
Walking wherever you go
You will live forever in me
Breathing deeply within me

She opened her eyes and their eyes met.

Just take it all
I am nothing without your love

She had yet to finish the lyrics so she was surprised when he continued on.

I promise I'll never leave your love
My heart is beating 'cause of you