Forty-Five

Three days they spent with Jimin's family. JiHyuk wasn't allowed to leave the hospital so they spent most their time inside the room with his family. Talking, eating, and just enjoying each others company. 

Auden thought to herself that it was exactly what Jimin needed. He hadn't seen his family in a long time. And knowing that everything was okay, at least for now, made him more at ease than she'd ever seen him. 

Since she'd met him he'd been struggling with the news about his brothers cancer. It had been the very reason he'd stopped writing. Auden hoped it would never have to be something he worried about again. They would have to always monitor JiHyuk to make sure no more cancer cells returned anywhere else in his body, but the doctors had said they had very high hopes that he'd be cancer free for the rest of his life. 

Auden got to know Jimin's family very well over the three days in the hospital. JiHyuk was super endearing and funny and still couldn't believe that Jimin was dating someone. He was in high spirits even after his surgery and Auden was sad she wouldn't be seeing him for quite some time. His parents too. They were all very kind to her, treating her like one of their own. 

It was a tearful goodbye the day they left to the airport. Their next tour stop in Europe was just a couple days away and though they wished they could stay longer they had to say their farewells. 

Jimin's parents were teary eyed as they left the hospital and Auden got tears in her eyes too watching them hug their son and when they embraced her. 

"Goodbye, Auden," Jimin's mother said to her. "Come back to visit soon." 

"Thank you for everything," Auden said, and when she pulled away she watched Jimin gave his brother one last hug. 

"Keep in touch, hyung," his brother said ruffling Jimin's hair playfully. 

"Don't get into trouble," Jimin said seriously, "And heal up." His brother merely chuckled. 

"I'll do my best." 

They left the hospital then, and when they got back into the car and started driving to the airport, Jimin was very quiet. Auden could tell he was thinking about the goodbye and leaving his family behind. He gaze was thoughtful as he peered outside the window at the beautiful sunny day the city of Busan was basking in. 

"Can we take a quick detour?" Jimin asked Han suddenly, and Han's eyes widened in the review mirror. 

"We only have a couple hours until we board, sir."  

"It will only take about an hour. Can you take us to Taejon Dae?" 

Han looked about ready to protest but then he took a different exit and started heading to where Jimin directed him. 

Auden was unsure where Taejon Dae was, but she got a flutter in her stomach knowing he was taking her somewhere. 

Soon the city landscape started to fade behind them, beautiful lush mountainsides coming into view. They winded up the mountain path and then a beautiful white lighthouse came into view. They pulled up to the cliffside where this lighthouse overlooked the ocean, the waves below crashing into the black rocks on the hillside. 

They parked in the pedestrian parking lot and Jimin told Han to wait in the car, telling him they'd only be a moment. 

"I'll be waiting here for you, sir," Han said. 

Jimin put a mask and beanie on, and hurried to grab Auden's hand so they wouldn't be noticed. Luckily there weren't very many people visiting the lighthouse at this hour. And no one seemed to take much notice of them as they walked over to the lighthouse and to a flight of stairs that led to a path. 

"Where are you taking me?" Auden asked, nervousness filling her stomach with butterflies. 

"Just trust me." 

They climbed for about twenty minutes before they reached the lookout point. It was an entirely paved path, but it was still a little bit of a walk. Auden was breathless when they reached the railing. 

But the view was magnificent. 

"Wow, Jimin. This is gorgeous," Auden said, gazing out at the beautiful turquoise ocean before them. She felt a blooming sensation in her chest. And she wished she could keep experiencing these amazing heights and scenes with him forever. She loved the explorative nature that Jimin possessed, and his appreciation for beautiful things.

She couldn't believe that just a couple months ago she had been a poor, single, LA bound songwriter. Oh how her life had changed.

"Isn't it? It's one of my favorite tourist spots," he said, taking off his mask and beanie. No one was around and she was grateful to see the beaming smile on his face. 

He pulled her close to him, his arms winding around her waist. "I don't want to keep Han waiting. But I had to show you this view. I had to bring you here before we left."

"You're sweet, Park Jimin," Auden said, reaching up to brush his windswept blond hair from his eyes. 

"I know," he said, smiling, and effectively taking her breathe away. 

"Always so humble," Auden teased, playfully pushing his arm. 

He chuckled and pulled her back to him even closer, his features suddenly growing serious again. 

"Thank you again. For coming with me," he said. "I couldn't have done this alone."

Auden leaned in, pressing a gentle kiss to his soft, pink lips. 

"I'll follow you anywhere, Park Jimin," Auden said honestly, because it was the truth. 

"Are you sure? Because I want to make sure this is the lift you want. That this life, with me, makes you happy." 

She couldn't think of a better life than being by his side. 

"I'm happy, Jimin. As long as I'm with you." 

A\N: 

Wow. Okay. I wrote all that. Omg. 

I hope you all enjoyed the book! There will be an epilogue so stay tuned. But I hope you all enjoyed the story! It honestly was so fun for me to write. I feel like a part of me escaped while writing this and a little section of me was set free. I usually write fantasy books so this was new territory for me, but it came out way better than I expected. 

I'm sure it will go through some rounds of editing but for now at least the story is complete! 

I hope you all enjoyed Jimin and Auden's story and I'll be writing Jungkook's next! 

Don't forget to give the story some love if you enjoyed it. All your comments & support mean the world to me and honestly helps me to keep going! 

~ Sasha