Chapter 2: First Failure

Media: https://pin.it/5cp7rlD

All around Feng Yanyan, the beauties swarmed Zhang Yunlei giving words of comfort and asking what happened. From what he could hear from here, Zhang Yunlei felt uneasy in the middle of the night so he came to check on the other beauties.

It turns out the Beauty's instinct was spot on because the assassins already entered that room. He bravely protected the weaker ones and therefore received an injury on his arm.

It was a coincidence that the people from the magistrate were hunting for some people and passed by.

Upon hearing the commotion, they thought these were the jail escapees and rushed to the scene.

Therefore, Beauty Zhang was saved by the da ren from earlier.

Such a lucky turn of events!

Liu momo and a few maids formed a 'line of defense' in front of the beauties and led them to thank the benefactor.

"It is our fortune to have met Junwang out here or else this old servant won't make it alive. Once again, thanking Junwang!"

>郡王 - jùnwáng - "Prince of the Second Rank" or "Prince of a Commandery"<

Hearing this, the beauties were all shocked. Didn't they hear these people were from the magistrate? How come Junwang is here?

Their salutes deepened and their backs went straighter. "Thanking Junwang!"

Feng Yanyan felt bitter in his heart. This was really Suliang's Junwang and not the person from earlier.

If he could, he wanted to bang his head on the nearest pillar.

Ping Junwang smiled. Despite his clothes sticking to him because of blood, he didn't show discontent. Making people feel at ease. In fact, these ladies and gentlemen didn't even know his robes were drenched in blood right now.

>憑 - píng - to lean against/to rely on<

He had the dim lights and his dark clothes to thank.

Ping Junwang
https://pin.it/2l2AaHJ

"It isn't appropriate for this prince to stay longer and this prince is glad you're all safe. We have subdued evil and rest assured, your journey will be much safer."

Exuding warmth but still maintaining an appropriate distance. This was Ping Junwang. It was a shame he rarely visited the Imperial City and the people weren't graced by his presence.

Noticing that he would soon leave, Feng Yanyan's lyrical voice was heard. "Also wishing Junwang safe travels."

He didn't raise his gaze and one would see this beauty shining like a pearl in the night. Talking without permission was improper and almost breached etiquette. But Junwang's smile seemed to have gotten brighter upon hearing the pleasant voice.