Chapter 73: Beloved Brother

In that same garden where a beetle was brutally murdered before...

"Da jie, you're sending Weiwei back?" Long Sangyu came to find his sister, panting.

"You're here." There were no ripples in the King's expression.

Her attitude implied there was nothing wrong in the actions she did.

It was just that...

"Why wasn't I informed of this?" The prince planted his feet in front of his sister.

Right now, his face was fierce. The first time he stood up against the person he treated as a parent his whole life.

Long Xu Le glanced behind at him. She was walking barefooted and her inky black hair flowed down to her waist.

Wearing loose trousers, she performed a series of kicks and somersaults but it looked more like a choreographed dance, hiding the true nature of how deadly those moves were.

Her breathing was perfectly controlled and there was no wastage of force. The tranquil air was disturbed every time she moved bringing with it a light breeze that tapped the Prince's cheeks.

It took a while to slow down her momentum to finally face this brooding brother of hers.

His face was cold yet still handsome under the lights of the lamps hanging on the beams of the walls surrounding the garden.

"Why? Are you dissatisfied? Ben dian didn't know you valued that concubine." Her lips hooked up in a small arc.

Then she suddenly disappeared in front of him.

Long Sangyu felt a caress to his cheek but he couldn't see where she was. Next moment, it was a touch on his hand.

His arm, his wrist. A single finger poked his back. A gentle kick to the back of his knee.

All this time, he could only see after images of his sister. She was smiling in a tranquil manner. Not at all affected by the speed at which she "attacked" him.

There was a brush to his hair and the hairpin was taken away only to be shot at the grassy garden. It swayed because of the force exerted into it but it stood upright nonetheless.

A man-made wind picked up in the garden and he was at the center of it.

She only showed the gap between them. 

He was unmoving. Because he knew he couldn't chase her nor even touch the hem of her dress.

This was his sister who was always the heaven and he was the earth.

Sangyu's face was grim. He could never chase after her. That was why he was always manipulated by her. He adored her but also...

Prince Ping didn't want this life anymore.

"Da jie. Stop playing around."

"Playing around?" King Wan Li looked as though he was floating down beside her brother.

"Have I ever... played around?"

When he heard that, Sangyu's throat constricted. Never. He had never seen her play.

Ever since being exiled here, he knew his sister had no time to even be a child. It was him who had all the leisure in the world.

He balled his hands into fists in attempt to curb his surging feelings.

Did that mean she could fully take control of his life? He acquired two concubines as she wished so now she also had the right to take them away with a single thought?