Chapter 79: Eldest Master and Madam Feng

Well, in light of some people celebrating Easter... then here's a bonus chapter. I hate giving spoilers but I have to remind everyone that we are nearing the climax of the story. I can't wait to show you what will happen.

Feng Yanyan was still looking out the carriage's window. His father had a kind smile back on his face and was waving at them goodbye.

Now that the older man was under the sun, he could see the marks of time on his father's appearance. There were silver streaks on his hair and fine lines beside his eyes and mouth.

He felt his eyes burn a little. Seeing his father like this only made him miss his mother more.

"Are both of your parents here in Suliang?" Mo Zhilan's voice pulled him back to reality.

"Apparently." It was embarrassing that his voice was a bit nasal and his eyes a bit red.

Miss Mo smiled. "If that's the case, I'll invite them to the Mo Mansion. Zhilan would love to meet my shifu's parents."

Feng Yanyan rolled his eyes at her. As days passed, the future Junwangfei's way of speaking was getting more and more familiar. "Aren't you afraid the Prince will dislike you?"

The young lady laughed. She had long noticed there seemed to be some kind of animosity between Master Feng and the Prince.

"Master Feng, my backing isn't His Highness."

Feng Yanyan blinked a few times before he realized. Ah, that was why Mo Zhilan was fearless in front of the Prince.

Her backing was the real deal. Wan Li Wang.

Due to the future Princess Consort's grace, Eldest Madam Feng was invited to the Mo Mansion the next day.

Feng Yanyan greeted his mother at the entrance. "Mother!"

His steps were quick and he hugged the older lady by the gate.

"Aiya, Xiao Wu. I thought a mei ren should walk with class and grace." Madam Feng patted her son's back. She could see that he almost didn't change after four years.

It was just that his chin seemed to be thinner and he seemed to be taller than before.

She was really angered when he left the house. But these past few years melted the fury into worry and longing. Madam Feng held the tears that almost spilled. This was the baby she raised.

But crying in front of the future imperial in-laws would be a social disaster. Even though their Feng family didn't socialize that much, she still knew what was proper.

Mo Zhilan, who was coming over, also welcomed Feng shi. "Madam, come in."

Her way of speaking was more delicate and genteel, befitting of the future Junwangfei.

Eldest Madam Feng let go of her son to curtsy and thank Miss Mo for her grace. The three strolled to Feng Yanyan's temporary residence and Madam Feng got to know that the future princess also arranged for her accommodation.

The elderly woman saw that his son was living pretty well. Even more well-off than when he was in the Feng family. Even though he was a mei ren, his treatment was closer to that of being a named consort.

Su Jian was Madam Feng's maiden name but when she married into the Feng family, she changed her surname to Feng in the family records. This was not uncommon in the Great Long Dynasty. Back then, this decision was also welcomed as Su Jian's family were distant relatives of Feng.