Chapter 26: Long Xu Le

Early update y'all

As the doctor was keeping his tools, the hazy voice sounded again.

"That gentleman... Was he defiled?"

The Imperial Doctor blanked only to realize the lord was talking about Feng mei ren.

"There are no signs of having been... violated."

At this answer, Long Xu Le's faint frown diminished. Soon, Xiao Hao saw the doctor off.

When he came back, her Highness was still sitting in the same place. Leaning back on the chair, her eyes were closed and resting. She looked immaculate but stiff.

If Xiao Hao didn't practice martial arts, he would think his master wasn't breathing anymore.

Wan Li Wang chose to summon the doctor here in the guise of hearing his report on the situation. Even if there were no more spies inside Zhongqing, unwanted eyes still couldn't take their sights away from this courtyard.

It can't be known that her Highness was receiving treatment. That one in Tanglin will rejoice.

"It seems Long Tang is still merciful. She didn't force herself on the boy." Came Long Xu Le's sarcastic voice.

Xiao Hao wanted to correct her that Beauty Feng was a grown man. But seeing her Highness' words were drawled and soft in a rare moment of vulnerability, he just held his tongue. It was just proof that the tonic was working.

"Make sure... her needs are all met but... do it covertly. Yao Ducheng is cornering me. Sooner or later, she will also target Long Tang if she stays a Junzhu."

Yao Ducheng was the given name of the Empress. If Long Xu Le's hunch was right, the assassins that ambushed her earlier were also sent by her Majesty or her cronies.

Either way, she left none of them alive. It was just too bad she got wounded in the process.

Xiao Hao now realized her Highness sacrificed her injury and carried Beauty Feng to hide the fact that she was hurt. The spies hiding inside the palace would report to their master about this scene, no doubt. It was better for the Empress to know that Wan Li Wang was undaunted.

Demoting Junzhu was also for her own good.

Seeing the ghastly bandages that still seeped blood, Xiao Hao found it ironic.

All the things wangye did just to protect herself and her family were answered with spite when she went home.

He took out the report from his chest pocket. Even if it is the brutal truth, he had to say this.

"There's proof that the Long Tang's maternal family is in contact with the distant nephew of the Empress. They're trying to monopolize the trade of ores in Juangxian Pass." He hesitated to add more.

"Speak." Even with eyes closed, wangye seemed to be giving a piercing glare.

"Her biological mother also met with her at least thrice a month. The reports didn't include their topics but I can dig into it more if you want."

Long Xu Le hummed. "Let Sangyu learn of it on his own...

...The Empress is intent on killing me. He needs to grow up."

After saying that, she got up and sauntered to her chambers. Looking at her desolate back, Xiao Hao couldn't help but sigh.

Her Highness' path was already laid. She even mapped what would happen after her death if she failed her great cause. If the worst happened and Junwang fell short of expectations, he wouldn't have a good ending.