Chapter 65: Welcome

So I fainted last night due to blood loss after teeth extraction (4 molars) but uhh I don't think the updates will be affected. Just a lil info in case you know, I croak 

King Wan Li's group arrived at a quiet part north of the Second District. There were estates here that weren't too grand but neither too humble.

One of the gates was open wide, clearly expecting their arrival.

"Feng Yanyan." Wangye called his attention.

"Yes?"

"Stay beside ben dian at all times. If not, then find Madam Lian. Understood?" There was a certain heaviness to her words that was hard to ignore.

Beauty Feng gulped. This seemingly innocent neighborhood wasn't so innocent after all?

Wait, how would he tell the King if he wanted to pee?

He couldn't ask any more as Long Xu Le disembarked the carriage and he had to follow.

True to her words, Wan Li Wang waited for him before entering the estate. But of course, Feng Yanyan couldn't really put on airs and plant his feet beside Wangye at all times.

So in the end, the King was walking in front with the Prince and Feng Yanyan walking side by side behind her. Following them was Madam Lian.

From what little Feng Yanyan knew, she would act as the elder of the siblings. Wait, they didn't have a matchmaker? What kind of wedding was this?

The old lady, Madam Lian, only observed Beauty Feng from time to time. She admitted it was a bit amusing seeing the man be so tense one moment and fascinated the next.

He was looking all around him and seemed to be appraising the aesthetics of this place. She could understand Xu Le a little now. That child wouldn't admit anything but she knew she was fond of this man.

Madam Lian just didn't know how much. Well, it would certainly be entertaining to see how much.

The eunuchs, courtiers, and court ladies of the King's entourage looked grand as ever.

There was a sullen air of foreboding thinly veiled by protocols and a warm welcome.

Amidst this gray atmosphere, Feng Yanyan was the lone color bringing his surroundings some form of cheer.

The servants of the house also couldn't help but take a look at him.

He was a bit taller than the prince. Although he was lankier in build, the innate grace he exuded didn't make him lose out. These people had no idea what a runway walk was after all.

That was why Feng Yanyan always looked unique.

They were led to the main hall. To show respect to the owner of the house, the King opted to leave all the courtiers in a pagoda outside.

The doors closed with a heavy thud. Feng Yanyan only saw a large hall, devoid of any furniture.

"Welcome, the King." A sonorous voice received them.

Long Xu Le chuckled. She expected this kind of reception. "Sangyu."

It was a signal as much as wishing him good luck.

There was a gust of wind and a rustling of clothes as something solid hit the clothed flesh. Long Sangyu instinctively raised his arm to block.

Beauty Feng witnessed a refreshing sight. A woman was dancing all her might in a rhythm of danger and violence. The target?